Troubleshooting Post Counter and Avatar Issues | Pixel and K Byte Limits

• Thread starter Tregg Smith
  • Start date
In summary: The avatar is what appears next to your posts. The profile picture is only visible on your profile page. In summary, the conversation covers topics such as post count, avatars, and profile pictures on Physics Forums. The user is wondering about their post count and not being able to see their profile picture as an avatar. They are informed that posts in certain areas do not contribute to their count and that avatars are a perk for contributing members. The user is also reminded that their profile picture is only visible on their profile page. The search function is recommended for finding answers to questions like these.
Tregg Smith
Seems like it's been at 47 for a long time. Also I'm not seeing the picture for my avatar. It's within the pixel and k byte limits.

Physics news on Phys.org
Posting in certain areas of the forum (General Discussion) does not contribute to your post count. If it did, I think a few of us would have a million posts :P

You also don't have an avatar, you have a profile picture. Avatars are one of the perks of being a PF Contributor.

The search function is pretty helpful for questions like these.

Tregg Smith said:
Seems like it's been at 47 for a long time. Also I'm not seeing the picture for my avatar. It's within the pixel and k byte limits.
Posts in the https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34 do not increase your count. Avatars are only for contributing members, what you have uploaded is a profile picture which anyone can have. Once you have an avatar you can set it separately, it could be the same picture as your profile or different.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the quick reply. But I don't see my profile picture. Or is that only visible on my profile page?

Tregg Smith said:
thanks for the quick reply. But I don't see my profile picture. Or is that only visible on my profile page?

Yes, it is only visibly on your profile page.

1. What is a post counter?

A post counter is a tool that keeps track of the number of posts or messages you have made on a certain platform, such as a forum, social media platform, or blog.

2. How can I tell if my post counter is stuck?

If your post counter is stuck, you will notice that the number of posts displayed is not increasing even though you have created new posts. You may also notice that the number is lower than what you expected it to be.

3. Why is my post counter stuck?

There could be several reasons for a stuck post counter. It could be a technical issue with the platform, a bug in the system, or it could be due to your post being deleted or hidden by a moderator.

4. Can I fix a stuck post counter?

In most cases, a stuck post counter can be fixed by contacting the platform's support team and reporting the issue. They may be able to manually adjust your post count or fix any technical issues causing the problem.

5. Will a stuck post counter affect my account or reputation?

In most cases, a stuck post counter will not have any negative effects on your account or reputation. However, if you are participating in a forum or community where post count is important, it may be frustrating not to see your actual post count reflected.