POWER: is it possible to have the same answer?

• Thread starter maanneaguila
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Power
In summary: It can get confusing for people trying to help. Also, please show your attempts at solving the problem. This helps us understand where you may be going wrong and can provide better guidance. In summary, the student is asking for help on two problems involving force, mass, acceleration, and work. They also asked for help on finding the equilibrium temperature of a mixture of steam and ice.
maanneaguila

Homework Statement

1. A 50-N force is the only force on a 2-kg object that starts from rest. when the force has been acting for 2s the rate at which it is doing work is:

2. A 50-N force is the only force a 2-kg crate that starts from rest. At the instant the object has gone 2m the rate at which it is doing work is:

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I believe so but I could be wrong. I did the calculations and got what you got, the same thing, be we could both be making similar mistakes.

hehe., thanks anyway.., :D

anyone who can show me the solution on how to get the answer? thanks a lot guys! :D

i have here an answer and am not sure if it's correct; for problem a, 2500watts., and for problem b 490watts.., am i correct? :)

maanneaguila said:
anyone who can show me the solution on how to get the answer? thanks a lot guys! :D

i have here an answer and am not sure if it's correct; for problem a, 2500watts., and for problem b 490watts.., am i correct? :)

We don't just hand students solutions. You have to show your work. The two problems do not have the same solution.

Pengwuino said:
We don't just hand students solutions. You have to show your work. The two problems do not have the same solution.

Man, I am just striking out.

equilibrium temperature

anyone who can help? this is the problem. i have the final answer which is 19.3 degree Celsius but i don't know how to get it., i used the formula of Qloss+Qgain=0;[m*c(delta T)] + [m*c(delta T)] = 0. but my final answer is not 19.3.., can you please help me? what formula will i need to use? do i need to consider the latent heat of vaporization and fusion?if so, what should be the formula?

160grams of steam at 100 oC is added to 1000 g of ice at 0 oC. What is the equilibrium temperature of the mixture? Assume the container has a negligible heat capacity.

thanks! :)

maanneaguila said:

Homework Statement

1. A 50-N force is the only force on a 2-kg object that starts from rest. when the force has been acting for 2s the rate at which it is doing work is:

2. A 50-N force is the only force a 2-kg crate that starts from rest. At the instant the object has gone 2m the rate at which it is doing work is:

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

What equation relates force, mass and acceleration?

What equation relates power (rate of doing work) to force and velocity?

What equation relates velocity, (constant) acceleration and time?

What equation relates velocity, (constant) acceleration and distance?

Don't just quote the equations (we know them). Figure out how they can be applied to this problem.

1. Is power a tangible or intangible concept?

Power is an intangible concept that refers to the ability or capacity to control or influence others, events, or resources.

2. Can power be measured or quantified?

Power is a complex concept and cannot be easily measured or quantified. However, some social scientists have developed ways to measure power in certain contexts, such as in political systems or social relationships.

3. Is power an innate trait or can it be acquired?

The acquisition of power is a complex process that involves a combination of innate traits, such as confidence and charisma, as well as external factors, such as social status and resources. While some individuals may have a natural inclination towards power, it is also something that can be developed and acquired through experience and learning.

4. Can power be shared or distributed among multiple individuals?

Yes, power can be shared or distributed among multiple individuals in various forms, such as through collaborative decision-making or through hierarchical structures. However, the distribution of power is often unequal and can lead to issues such as power imbalances and conflicts.

5. How does power impact society and individuals?

Power plays a significant role in shaping society and individuals' lives. It can influence social structures, economic systems, and political dynamics. On an individual level, power can impact self-esteem, relationships, and opportunities for success and advancement.