What are Some Fields of Psychology that Focus on Predicting Human Behavior?

• Medical
  • Thread starter chaoseverlasting
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Human
In summary, the person is looking for a field of psychology that predicts human behavior and character traits based on behavior patterns. They mention fields like architecture and liberal arts using these frameworks and ask for suggestions. The expert suggests behavioral biology and provides a link to tutorials on math and science learning materials. They also recommend the book "Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman.
chaoseverlasting
I'm looking for a field of psychology which tries to predict human behaviour or sort of characterizes human beings based on their behaviour patterns.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to call it, but I want to be able to say what a particular group of people will tend to like or dislike or what they will tend to do or not do when presented with a stimuli.

I'm guessing fields like architecture and those from the liberal arts would use such frameworks extensively (reaction to light, color, sensory stimuli, etc.) and certainly psychology/psychiatry and I want to get acquainted with the material in some way.

Any suggestions PF?

Biology news on Phys.org
Human behavioral biology. I posted some lectures in the tutorial forums.

Any books that you might recommend? Or what all I should read up on? I'll be checking out your lectures in a minute.

EDIT: Err... where are the tutorials? I tried looking for them but I don't know where to look. Is there a tute section?

Last edited:
"Math and Science Learning Materials"

it's the first forum at the top of the list from the main physicsforums page

Thank you! Got lost looking for this thread.

EDIT: I'm sorry Pythagorean, but I'm not sure which thread in the tutorial section you're referring to. Can you paste the link? Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, but I can't seem to place it. TIA

Behavioral economics - Daniel Kahneman is the only noble laureate whos work was primarily in psychology, he has a book that summarizes his research titled "Thinking, Fast and Slow".

1. What are human behaviour predictors?

Human behaviour predictors are scientific tools and methods that aim to predict and explain human behaviour. They use various methods such as surveys, experiments, and observational studies to collect data and analyze it in order to understand patterns and make predictions about how people will behave in certain situations.

2. How do human behaviour predictors work?

Human behaviour predictors work by collecting data from individuals or groups of people and analyzing it using statistical and mathematical models. This data can include information such as demographics, personality traits, and past behaviour. The results are then used to make predictions about how individuals or groups will behave in certain situations.

3. What are some examples of human behaviour predictors?

Some examples of human behaviour predictors include personality tests, market research surveys, and consumer behaviour studies. These tools are commonly used in fields such as psychology, sociology, and marketing to predict and understand human behaviour.

4. What are the benefits of using human behaviour predictors?

The use of human behaviour predictors can provide valuable insights and predictive power in various fields such as business, healthcare, and social sciences. By understanding human behaviour, we can make more informed decisions and improve outcomes in different areas of life.

5. Are there any limitations or ethical concerns with using human behaviour predictors?

Like any scientific tool, human behaviour predictors have their limitations. They may not always accurately predict behaviour due to the complexity of human behaviour and the potential for bias in data collection and analysis. There are also ethical concerns surrounding the use of personal data and the potential for discrimination based on predictive models. It is important for researchers to carefully consider these issues and use human behaviour predictors responsibly.