Need a little help with my Ti-84+ (its graphing the wrong thing)

In summary, the person is experiencing an issue with their graphing calculator where the slope and placement of the line is incorrect, even after resetting the RAM. They are wondering why this is happening and mention possible solutions such as adjusting the settings for the graphing window or using the CALCULATE function. They also suggest tracing the points to ensure the (x, y) values match. They also question if the function is actually a line.
Tyrion101
I'll put in an equation using the y= function, that I've found out on my own, and I know to be correct, yet when I hit graph, lately the slope will be wrong, and the line will be in the wrong place, I've even reset the ram, to no effect. When I go into the table none of the original points I used for this equation are in it. Why would this be a correct solution??

Mathematics news on Phys.org
When you say "the slope will be wrong," you mean the the visual output? If this is so, then it has to do with the screen resolution. You may be able to fix this in the settings for the graphing window. However, you may not be able to see the entirity of the domain or range when you do this. To make certain the slope is correct, you can always use CALCULATE > dy/dx. Or, you can trace the points and make certain that the (x, y) values match.

What is the function? Is it really a line?

What is the Ti-84+ calculator used for?

The Ti-84+ calculator is a graphing calculator commonly used in mathematics and science classes. It can perform various calculations, graph equations, and store data.

Why is my Ti-84+ calculator graphing the wrong thing?

There could be several reasons for this issue. Make sure you have entered the correct equation, check the window settings, and clear any previous graphs before attempting to graph again.

How do I clear my Ti-84+ calculator's previous graphs?

To clear previous graphs on the Ti-84+ calculator, press the "Y=" button and navigate to the "Y=" screen. Then, press the "Clear" button to remove any previous equations or graphs.

What are some common troubleshooting tips for the Ti-84+ calculator?

If you are experiencing issues with your Ti-84+ calculator, try resetting it by pressing the "2nd" and "Reset" buttons simultaneously. You can also check the batteries and make sure they are properly inserted and have enough charge.

Can I download additional programs or apps on my Ti-84+ calculator?

Yes, the Ti-84+ calculator has the ability to download and install additional programs or apps. However, make sure to only download from trusted sources and follow the instructions carefully to avoid any issues.