Poly. And Factoring Questiosn I have .

• Thread starter Devinnator
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Factoring
In summary, the conversation is about determining whether two expressions are equivalent and how to find the correct expression by factoring.
Devinnator
Poly. And Factoring Questiosn I have...

Bah help me quick someone please...:bugeye:
Determine wheter expression A is equivalent to Expression B. If not, change exp b to make it quivalent...
a b
2X^2-7X-15 (2X-3)(X-5)
2X^2-11X+12 (2X-4)(2X-3)
4X^2+8X-12 4(X-1)(X+3)
I don't get how you find if its equiv well i do but i don't know how you find the correct expression

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Hi!

To find the correct expression, I guess all you need to do is to factorize expression A. Once you have done so, you can see where the mistake in expression B lies and you can change it accordingly.

Hope this information helps!

I think it's easier to multiply B and see if it is the same as A!

1. What is polynomial?

A polynomial is a mathematical expression consisting of variables, coefficients, and operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. It can have one or more terms, and each term can have a different degree.

2. What are the different types of polynomials?

The different types of polynomials are monomials, binomials, trinomials, and higher-degree polynomials. Monomials have only one term, binomials have two terms, trinomials have three terms, and higher-degree polynomials have more than three terms.

3. How do you factor a polynomial?

To factor a polynomial, you need to find its greatest common factor (GCF) and divide each term by it. Then, you can use different techniques such as grouping, difference of squares, perfect square trinomials, and other methods to factor the remaining expression.

4. What is synthetic division?

Synthetic division is a shortcut method for dividing a polynomial by a binomial. It is a quicker and easier way to find the quotient and remainder of a polynomial division. It is especially useful when the divisor is in the form of x - a, where a is a constant.

5. How are polynomials used in real life?

Polynomials have numerous applications in real life, such as in engineering, economics, physics, and computer science. They are used to model real-world situations, make predictions, and solve problems involving quantities that change over time or space.