What's the most mileage you ever put on a Vehicle?

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vehicle
In summary, the conversation covers the topic of high mileage on cars and the experiences of various individuals with their own vehicles. Njorl mentions his '84 S-10 pick up with over 261,000 miles and the tendency for his cars to get totaled by reckless drivers. Another individual suggests reinforcing the car with steel and a cannon for protection. Kerrie shares her experience with a 96 GTI and a new VW with less mileage. Other individuals also share their experiences with high mileage cars, such as a Ford Taurus, a Renault alliace, and a Nissan 280ZX. The conversation ends with someone mentioning their record of owning 22 cars by the age of 24.
timejim
Presently, and still in use, my '84 s-10 pick up with 261,000+ miles.
what about you or someone you know?

Physics news on Phys.org
86 VW Jetta Diesel ~546,000 Kms = (roughly) 13 times around the planet, oH and Ummmm, should we include commercial driving in this? like in 'trucking'?

Heh, 36,000 miles. I'm not kidding. Every car I buy gets totalled by some nut or drunk. I am no longer a defensive driver, I am a PARANOID driver. You are all out to get me.

Njorl

Originally posted by Njorl
Every car I buy gets totalled by some nut or drunk.

Here's a rather extreme solution:

Reinforce your car with tempered steel skirtings (a la bumper cars) that are connected to the car's steel frame. Permanently weld it together and place a cowcatcher in the front, protecting against head-on collisions. Make the car bulletproof and attach a rather large cannon on top with auto-targeting system if anyone swerves into your path.

That should discourage them.

Now that is a good solution. Most mileage i have put on a car is...uhm...32926...that is my current mileage on my car...and...since i am 18, and have had my liscense for a little over a year, that is pretty much all i have been able to drive.

i just traded in a 96 GTI with 98000 miles on it...i heard horror stories of what happens to volkswagens when they hit 100000, so i bought a different VW with less miles on it...

Originally posted by Kerrie
i just traded in a 96 GTI with 98000 miles on it...i heard horror stories of what happens to volkswagens when they hit 100000, so i bought a different VW with less miles on it...
Only if you forget to change the timing belt...

75K- my current Ford Taurus.

And I also got a used 86 Renault alliace with 140k miles and put another 60 on it before it died and I left it. That car was a rusted out piece of junk, but it sure ran like a champ.

I also probably hold the record for the most cars own- 22 by the age of 24- and I didn't even start driving until I was 18- do the math. Of course after 24 I slowed down a bit(got some decent cars).

My favorite was the Nissan 280ZX. That was a rusted out hunk of junk, but it had twin turbos, so that thing could fly.

Last edited:

What's the most mileage you ever put on a Vehicle?

The answer to this question will vary greatly depending on the person's personal experience and the type of vehicle they are referring to. Some may have put hundreds of thousands of miles on a vehicle, while others may have only reached a few thousand.

What factors can affect the mileage of a vehicle?

There are several factors that can affect the mileage of a vehicle, including driving habits, maintenance, road conditions, and the type of fuel used. Other factors such as the age of the vehicle, weight, and weather conditions can also play a role.

Is it possible to reach high mileage without compromising the performance of a vehicle?

Yes, it is possible to reach high mileage without compromising the performance of a vehicle. Regular maintenance, proper driving habits, and using high-quality fuel can help maintain the performance of a vehicle even at high mileage.

What are some common signs that a vehicle has reached its maximum mileage?

Some common signs that a vehicle has reached its maximum mileage include decreased fuel efficiency, frequent breakdowns, and visible wear and tear on the vehicle's components. It may also become more difficult to find replacement parts for older vehicles with high mileage.

Is there a specific mileage limit for vehicles?

No, there is no specific mileage limit for vehicles. The lifespan of a vehicle can vary greatly depending on its make, model, and how well it is maintained. With proper care, some vehicles can last well over 200,000 miles, while others may start experiencing issues at a lower mileage.