What are the deviations for 145H8/d9 based on tolerance tables?

In summary, the tolerance tables determine the deviations for 145H8/d9, where the capital letter refers to sockets or holes and the small letter refers to shafts. The nominal value for both the socket and shaft is 145, and the presence of "/d9" indicates that the inner diameter of the socket is equal to the outer diameter of the shaft. This information was posted in the Advanced Physics forum for assistance.
teng125
Determine, by using the attached tolerance tables,the deviations for 145H8/d9 .

for only 145H8 ,i know what i mean but 145H8/d9 what does it mean??

pls help
thanx

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't have the formal definition with me, but for quick reference here we go:

Capital letter refers to sockets or holes, while small letter refers to shafts. Remember this form: Socket/Shaft

ok...but then for 145H8/d9 , do u mean the nominal=145 is the same for H8 and d9??

bacause normally i know how to solve 145H8 but for 145H8/d9 which there appears a /d9, what should i do with it??

This is because

"Inner diameter of the socket (tube) = 145 unit = outer diameter of the shaft."

Hence, there is no point repeating 145 twice.

By the way, why are you posting machine design problem here in Advanced Physics forum?:smile:

because i post on the other forum,and got little replies,so i try it out here

Q: What are tolerance tables?

Tolerance tables are a set of values that determine the acceptable range of variation for a particular measurement. They are commonly used in engineering and manufacturing to ensure that parts fit together properly and function effectively.

Q: How are tolerance tables used in homework assignments?

In homework assignments, tolerance tables are typically used to help students understand the concept of acceptable variation in measurements and how to apply it to solve problems. Students may be asked to use tolerance tables to determine the acceptable range of a measurement or to calculate tolerances for different parts in a system.

Q: What are the different types of tolerance tables?

There are two main types of tolerance tables: bilateral and unilateral. Bilateral tolerance tables have equal positive and negative tolerances, while unilateral tolerance tables have either a positive or negative tolerance, but not both.

Q: How do I read a tolerance table?

To read a tolerance table, you will need to know the basic dimensions of the part or measurement in question, as well as the tolerance class. From there, you can find the appropriate row and column in the table to determine the tolerance value.

Q: How do I use a tolerance table to solve a problem?

To use a tolerance table to solve a problem, you will need to first understand the concept of acceptable variation and how it applies to the specific measurement or part in question. Then, you can use the tolerance table to determine the acceptable range of variation and apply it to the problem at hand.