What's the funniest thing you ever wore to school that got you in trouble?

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Short
In summary: I'm just like them. I'm just a person. I have emotions and thoughts just like everyone else.In summary, this person is really shy and has a lot of embarrassing stories.
quddusaliquddus
Short Anecdotes go here -->

Funny
Stranger than Fiction
Embarrassing
etc...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Okay, apparently, this is were I should post my embarassing stories:
I was in 4th grade, and I was still really, really shy. I was the nerd of the class, so when the class was playing a math game (the class was divided into two groups, and each person from the group would go up and do a math problem really fast; hoping to beat the other person who's trying to do the same thing faster than you. Anyway, the more people your team gets to do a math problem faster than a person from the rival team, your team gains points.), and it was my turn to go up to the board, I had a nervous breakdown. The class was shouting at me, the teacher was staring straight at me, it was june (and therefore hot), and there was long division problem (with numbers that didn't go into each other evenly) right infront of me, I freaked. I couldn't do it, and just stood there, staring at the board. I froze, and my team was disappointed in me.
That is one, of the many embarassing moments.

Lol Imparcticle - I think most of us have been there one time in our lives.

Hot summer's day. A friend and I we're out when he swallwed a fly while laughing with his mouth wide open. He said he couldn't swallow it - it's stuck in his throat. BUT, then i told him to get himself a drink -he got a ribena - a red-blackcurrent kinda drink.
He told me the next day that when he took the train home - he felt sick about swallowing a fly so when he got off at the other end - he vomited all over the platform. People saw red liquid and guessed that he was vomiting blood. So they call the ambulance. Very embarresing when he had to tell them that it wasn't blood. Caused a big fuss. Unforgettable.

:( I set up an "embarrassing moments" thread...

wow, this is such a great idea for a thread. quddusaliquidus good job.
I used to own a bunch of newspaper racks. You know the kind put in fifty cents-take out seventy five dollars worth of papers. Jerks! anyway, the problem with owning a bunch of these racks is that you need to fill them every single night, 7 days a week 365 days a year. I went two years without a day off. Towards the end of those two years I was pretty much dead on my feet. One night I just couldn't go any further. I pulled over and closed my eyes for a few minutes. The next thing I remember was waking up to someone pounding on my car window. I looked over and there was a fireman knocking on my windows, there were flashing lights all over the place. Someone had seen me in my car and assumed I was dead so they called the police.

Tribdog...I hate you.

jimmy p said:
Tribdog...I hate you.
I know you do. I have enough love for both of us though.

jimmy p said:

now, that's embarassing. :wink:

I have another embarassing story! :
I had to give a speech on Nikola Tesla (my favorite guy; we're on a first name basis, even though I do most of the name calling...). I memorized the biographical speech really really well. I even took the time to wear an outfit for it. So when it was my turn, I got up infront of the whole class. My teacher turned on the camera (yes, it was taped), and got ready to grade. Oh,god. I started sweating like heck. I was SO scared, that my memory of the whole speech disappeared into thin air. I just blurted out excerpts, repeated things, and my hands were figiting behind me. So, I ended up having to shorten the speech.
I got an A- on it (most of the grade came from the researched essay :rolleyes: ).

Imparticle, we sound kind of alike.

I cannot speak in front of a large group. My mind always races ahead of my mouth. It's the same with writing. I cannot write as fast as I think, so in school I would turn in papers that had only bits and pieces of sentences.

My teachers would ask me to read the papers to them. Of course when I read them, my mind would fill in all the blanks. My teachers were really frustrated, one read back my paper to me so I would understand all the gaps that were there. It was kind of funny.

I'm the exact opposite. I love getting up in front of a crowd. I used to be nervous about it, but once I realized that I no matter how much the audience hated me or loved me or whatever, I would be okay. I couldn't be hurt by them, so why be nervous. I also don't get nervous when it's time to take tests. I'm a great test taker and usually do better than I should based on how much I really know a subject. Embarassment hasn't been a problem for me in quite a while.

jimmy p said:

Sorry Jimmy, didn't know that you did that ... but if you think about it, Anecdotes covers more than just embaressing moments. No hard feelings i hope.

tribdog said:
wow, this is such a great idea for a thread. quddusaliquidus good job.
I used to own a bunch of newspaper racks. You know the kind put in fifty cents-take out seventy five dollars worth of papers. Jerks! anyway, the problem with owning a bunch of these racks is that you need to fill them every single night, 7 days a week 365 days a year. I went two years without a day off. Towards the end of those two years I was pretty much dead on my feet. One night I just couldn't go any further. I pulled over and closed my eyes for a few minutes. The next thing I remember was waking up to someone pounding on my car window. I looked over and there was a fireman knocking on my windows, there were flashing lights all over the place. Someone had seen me in my car and assumed I was dead so they called the police.

Lol. That's a good one :D

quddusaliquddus said:
Lol. That's a good one :D
Yeah, I saved my good ones for this thread. Didn't want to waste it on jp's cause no one reads that one.

jimmy p said:

Hey, Jimmy p. I can't find your thread - I was going to post my little story in there. :smile:

tribdog said:
Embarassment hasn't been a problem for me in quite a while.
Yes, tribdog. We know. Oh my goodness how we know.

Good story by the way. :biggrin:

My turn!

Here's one of my embarassing moments:

In fourth grade, we were doing a wax museum, you know where everyone chooses some random famous person and becomes a living biography of them, then dresses up like them and people come to here your speech on them? Well, I had Robert E. Lee, the Conferate hero general in the Civil War. I has this whole huge long (like five minutes) speech, but when these bored-looking teenagers came to me, I just burst into tears and fled the room, knocking over Abraham Lincoln on my way out. I hid in a cabinet, and it took them three hours of searching to find me. I was in soooooooo much trouble.

Chaos. Disorder. Widespread panic. My work is done here.

Here's one of my embarassing moments:

In fourth grade, we were doing a wax museum, you know where everyone chooses some random famous person and becomes a living biography of them, then dresses up like them and people come to here your speech on them? Well, I had Robert E. Lee, the Conferate hero general in the Civil War. I has this whole huge long (like five minutes) speech, but when these bored-looking teenagers came to me, I just burst into tears and fled the room, knocking over Abraham Lincoln on my way out. I hid in a cabinet, and it took them three hours of searching to find me. I was in soooooooo much trouble.

LOL! That's classic, Rathma. I can just picture you standing there all confident talking down your peers with your superior vocabulary. Then these guys walk in and you run out in tears and hide. Sorry is this sounds cruel, but that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. :biggrin:

So tell us Rathma, wasn't there a certain time in the second grade that you refused to take off this weird mask at school? Let's hear it!

It was the beginning of sophomore year and my friend and I were not yet old enough to legally drive. That didn't stop us though. We would take his parents' car out when they were at work to get food and visit friends. We thought we were soooo cool. One day we go driving for no real reason. My friend decides to learn how to parallel park (why? hell if I know). He ended up breaking the back right light and bending the bumper and fender. After almost ****ing ourselves, we drive back to his house and spend 2 hours "fixing" the damage with hammers. Amazingly we did a decent job. Three days later we heard his dad yelling at his mom for ****ing up the car.

RageSk8 said:
It was the beginning of sophomore year and my friend and I were not yet old enough to legally drive. That didn't stop us though. We would take his parents' car out when they were at work to get food and visit friends. We thought we were soooo cool. One day we go driving for no real reason. My friend decides to learn how to parallel park (why? hell if I know). He ended up breaking the back right light and bending the bumper and fender. After almost ****ing ourselves, we drive back to his house and spend 2 hours "fixing" the damage with hammers. Amazingly we did a decent job. Three days later we heard his dad yelling at his mom for ****ing up the car.

Lol reminds me of a time in secondary school a some mates bougtht a car for £5. Yes...£5! @ some acution. As u can imagine it was a broken down thing with no headlights etc...and they we're nt allowed to drive yet (only 15).
So they take it out onto the road and get it working. Guess what car they hot on the road.?...A Double Decker Bus! ... lol...so they decide that it might be a good idea to abandon the car at that moment...they ran out and legged it...but one of the guys left his school diary (provided by the school) behind cos he was bunking off school... with his name..student number...school address...etc...on it

You can fill in the rest...

Teacher.

Fly open.

Fine, fine...

photon said:
So tell us Rathma, wasn't there a certain time in the second grade that you refused to take off this weird mask at school? Let's hear it!

All right, all right...

One day, in second grade, I got this "really cool" full-head fly mask from my dad, who had brought it back from a business trip with him. He gave it to me, and I thought is was SOOOOOO cool! So, thinking I would be the most popular kid in school, I wore it to school the next day. Well, let me put it this way... I was popular, all right. :rolleyes: When a teacher finally noticed, they asked me kindly to please remove the mask, and that I'd get it back at the end of the day. I, of course, adamantly refused. Things went on like this for a while, several teachers chasing me around trying to get rid of this mask, and approximately thirty students were too, trying to get a glimpse of the psychotic fly-boy. They eventually gave up, and just let me wear it for the rest of the day, but they made me promise that I'd never wear it to school again. The best part is that I never got in trouble for it, because they couldn't figure out who I was, because the mask encapsulated my entire head. It went down in history in that school, and since then, people sometimes make references to the "Fly-head boy" when speaking to particularly bad misbehavers. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :redface:

1. What is a Short Anecdote?

A short anecdote is a brief and often amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.

2. How can short anecdotes be used in scientific research?

Short anecdotes can be used in scientific research as a way to provide real-life examples or evidence to support a hypothesis or theory. They can also be used as a tool for data collection, by recording and analyzing individuals' personal experiences.

3. Are short anecdotes considered reliable sources of information?

Short anecdotes should be used with caution as they are often based on personal recollections and may not be completely accurate. However, they can add a human element to scientific research and can be used as a starting point for further investigation.

4. Can short anecdotes be used in academic writing?

Yes, short anecdotes can be used in academic writing as long as they are properly cited and used to support a larger argument or point. They should not be used as the sole source of information, but rather as a supplement to other evidence and sources.

5. How can I find short anecdotes for my research?

Short anecdotes can be found through personal interviews, historical documents, and published memoirs or biographies. They can also be found through online sources such as blogs or forums, but be sure to evaluate the credibility of these sources before using them in your research.