How long does it take for a bleeding cut to stop when tightly compressed?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cut
In summary: Evo.In summary, if the cut is not too deep and the person washes it out well, they can seal it and bandage it shut and it should last overnight. If the cut is deeper, or if the person is taking meds that inhibit clotting, then they may need stitches.
~christina~ said:
how did you cut your thumb exactly? (the seriousness of the cut would determine what measures need to be taken => this may be a little late since I see the thread is 2 pg long but :rolleyes:)

I remember that I once had to open a tuna can and it was one of those ones with crackers and whilst peeling off the lid I just pushed my pinky into the lid.
OUCH! That's bad!

Miine was stupid, I was washing a butcher's knife and it slipped and went through my thumb.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
OUCH! That's bad!

Miine was stupid, I was washing a butcher's knife and it slipped and went through my thumb.

:eek: wow...ouch! (you had a bigger ouch than me)

I added to the post above that you could eat more veggies that have vitamin k since they would help your cut heal. Hope your cut gets better..the only thing I could recommend is to not get the bandaid wet. (I hate when that happens, because the cut could reopen that way)

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=112
might as well throw in another link for good vitamin k..I like that spinich has vitamin k yum!

Last edited:
Vitamin K is not a bad idea.

Did anyone watch the video?

I *love* that video.

Evo said:
I can't believe I don't have duct tape either.

Judging from earlier experience, duct tape was used by Evo Child.

Evo said:
Did anyone watch the video?

I *love* that video.
I'm not a big TV watcher, but that was funny.

Glad to hear you stopped leaking. :smile:

You need to eat spinach Evo. Before you do you have to say "I can'ts stands no more".

Is that true that teh percentage of women who suffer hemopholia is so low that we can almsot say there's none female hemophilia?I mean they just pass hemophilia to their descendants!
binzing said:
Any history of hemophilia in the family?

Last edited:
I know haemophilia is a recessive X chromosome disease so men get it far more often since we only have one X and women have 2. So for a woman to have haemophilia both parents have to be carriers whereas for men only the mother needs be a carrier. I'm not sure what percentage of women have both recessive genes though.

Prolly kept bleeding cause you were typing on the damn computer Evo!

binzing said:
Prolly kept bleeding cause you were typing on the damn computer Evo!
:rofl: :redface:

I cut my thumb pretty badly once while trying to open a can of soup. It was one of those newer cans that have the pull tab. I had to hold it for quite a while before it stopped. It had me worried, and I was |--this--| close to finding medical assistance.

How are you typing? One hand? Wow Evo, I hope you're Ok there.

Last edited: