Problem sets with answers to go along with cohen-tannoudji

• Thread starter bit188
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sets
In summary, the individual is a self-studying student of physics and math, currently working through Cohen-Tannoudji's Quantum Mechanics textbook. They are seeking additional resources for problem sets with answers to supplement their studies. Suggestions include a set of problems and solutions found online and a textbook called "Schaums Outline Quantum Mechanics" which has over 200 solved problems.
bit188
Hey!

I'm fifteen and have been self-studying physics and math for quite some time now. I'm getting further into Cohen-Tannoudji and, while I do the exercises, I worry about whether or not I'm doing them correctly.

I'd like some problem sets with answers-- online or in book format-- that would tie into my studies. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm guessing it's this book your working through
Cohen-Tannoudji, Claude. Quantum Mechanics. 2 vols. Wiley, 1977. ISBN: 0471164321
(reading for http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Physics/8-05Fall-2004/CourseHome/)

I know very little about QM but googling I found this set of problems and solutions, I hope they are relevant:
http://www.roe.ac.uk/~jap/teaching/qm3.html

Also in the thread below someone suggests "Schaums Outline Quantum Mechanics", it has over 200 solved problems.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0070540187/?tag=pfamazon01-20

PF Thread; "Cohen-Tannoudji or Shankar's textbooks in QM?"
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=206371

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

As a fellow scientist, I understand your concern about wanting to make sure you are correctly solving the problems in Cohen-Tannoudji's book. It is always important to have a way to check your answers and ensure your understanding of the material is accurate.

One resource I would recommend is the solutions manual for Cohen-Tannoudji's book, which can often be found online or through your university's library. This will provide you with the correct answers to the problems in the book and can serve as a helpful guide for your self-study.

In addition, there are many online resources and forums where you can find additional problem sets and solutions related to Cohen-Tannoudji's book. These can be a great supplement to your studies and can also provide you with a way to check your understanding of the material.

I would also suggest reaching out to other physicists or professors for guidance and support. They may have additional resources or advice for tackling the problems in Cohen-Tannoudji's book.

Remember to always approach problem solving with a critical mindset and to double check your work. With dedication and perseverance, I am confident you will continue to make progress in your studies. Best of luck!

1. What is the purpose of "Problem sets with answers to go along with cohen-tannoudji"?

The purpose of "Problem sets with answers to go along with cohen-tannoudji" is to provide practice problems and their solutions for students studying quantum mechanics using the textbook by Cohen-Tannoudji. These problem sets can serve as a helpful resource for self-study or as additional practice for students preparing for exams.

2. Are the answers in the "Problem sets with answers to go along with cohen-tannoudji" reliable?

Yes, the answers provided in the "Problem sets with answers to go along with cohen-tannoudji" are reliable. They have been carefully checked and reviewed by experts in the field of quantum mechanics to ensure their accuracy.

3. Can beginners in quantum mechanics use these problem sets?

Yes, beginners in quantum mechanics can use these problem sets. The problems are organized by chapter and increase in difficulty, allowing beginners to start with simpler problems and gradually work their way up to more challenging ones. Additionally, the solutions provided can serve as a helpful guide for beginners to understand the concepts and techniques used in solving the problems.

4. Are the problem sets in line with the content of the cohen-tannoudji textbook?

Yes, the problem sets in "Problem sets with answers to go along with cohen-tannoudji" are in line with the content of the textbook. They cover the same topics and use similar notation and terminology as the textbook, making them a complementary resource for students studying from Cohen-Tannoudji's book.

5. Are there any additional resources included in "Problem sets with answers to go along with cohen-tannoudji"?

Aside from the problem sets and their solutions, there may also be additional resources included such as summary notes, key equations, and tips for problem solving. These resources can provide extra support and aid in understanding the material covered in the textbook and the problem sets.