How to unsubscribe from thread?

• Thread starter ViolentCorpse
  • Start date
In summary, the person has been receiving emails for a thread they did not subscribe to. They have tried unsubscribing and checking their settings, but the emails continue. They have received suggestions to stop the emails and have followed them, and now everything is working correctly.
ViolentCorpse
Hi!

I made a thread yesterday and I'm receiving emails every time a new post is made in that thread. I didn't even subscribe to the thread and I have clicked the link provided in the emails for unsubscribing which takes me to a page saying something like "You have unsubscribed from this thread". But I'm still getting emails after new posts.

I also checked my settings and it says I haven't subscribed to any threads.

How do I stop this?

Thank you very much!

Physics news on Phys.org
I have followed those suggestions and changed my settings. Let's see if it works.

Thanks a lot, Evo!

ViolentCorpse said:
I have followed those suggestions and changed my settings. Let's see if it works.

Thanks a lot, Evo!
You're welcome, good luck!

Everything is fine now! Thanks again, Evo! :)

1. How do I unsubscribe from a thread?

To unsubscribe from a thread, click on the unsubscribe link provided in the email notification or go to the thread on the platform and click on the unsubscribe button.

2. Can I unsubscribe from a thread without logging in?

Yes, you can unsubscribe from a thread without logging in by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in the email notification.

3. Will I still receive notifications after unsubscribing from a thread?

No, you will no longer receive any notifications from the thread after unsubscribing.

4. Can I unsubscribe from a specific thread or do I have to unsubscribe from all threads?

You can unsubscribe from a specific thread by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in the email notification or by going to the thread on the platform and clicking on the unsubscribe button. If you want to unsubscribe from all threads, you can do so by adjusting your notification settings.

5. Is there a way to temporarily unsubscribe from a thread?

Yes, you can temporarily unsubscribe from a thread by adjusting your notification settings to receive notifications only when someone mentions you or replies to your comments. This way, you will not receive any other notifications from the thread.