Exploring the Historical Blacksmith's Shop on the Fundy Shore

• Bug
  • Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary, there is some weird time discrepancy going on in the chat posts. Astronuc is writing to you from his RV in Halifax, and everything seems to be in correct time except for the time displayed in the chat posts. This discrepancy may have something to do with a change in time that happened during the course of the chat.
turbo
Gold Member
All the posts are timed an hour early, as if I were in the Canadian Maritimes instead of the Eastern time zone.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your post and your profile show the correct time zone, at least as far as I can tell.

Astronuc said:
Your post and your profile show the correct time zone, at least as far as I can tell.

Of course, Astronuc is writing to you from his RV in Halifax...

DaveC426913 said:
Of course, Astronuc is writing to you from his RV in Halifax...
:rofl:

All the chat posts are time-stamped in the 10am hour, and all the forum posts are time-stamped in the 12 o'clock hour. I'm in some Twilight Zone.

I enjoyed Nova Scotia and Halifax, although Halifax is a bit too busy for me.

Digby was nice. I hope to get back there and visit Yarmouth, or go out to the eastern end and Cape Breton.

I'd also like to visit Newfoundland and Labrador.

Astronuc said:
I enjoyed Nova Scotia and Halifax, although Halifax is a bit too busy for me.

Digby was nice. I hope to get back there and visit Yarmouth, or go out to the eastern end and Cape Breton.

I'd also like to visit Newfoundland and Labrador.
Travel up the Fundy coast and spend hours at the royal gardens at Annapolis Royale, and visit Victoria Park in Truro. It's a beautiful natural-looking park with lots of trails - a great place to walk off a big supper! Hint: behind the Evangeline Chapel is a wonderful old blacksmith shop with 17th C tools and a knowledgeable tour guide.

turbo said:
All the posts are timed an hour early, as if I were in the Canadian Maritimes instead of the Eastern time zone.

It's a Sunday around the time that daylight saving switches.
Europe and US have already switched (on different Sundays) ...

turbo said:
Hint: behind the Evangeline Chapel is a wonderful old blacksmith shop with 17th C tools and a knowledgeable tour guide.
There's a whole period village up there somewhere. Can't remember what it's called but we spent the whole afternoon there.

Something weird happened in chat yesterday where the time presented changed some time during the course of the chat. I think someone indicated that I was caught in a revolving door, but I'm not sure what happened since I stepped away from the computer, and it may have gone to sleep. Anyway, I noticed that the time was off about 5 hrs, whereas it was showing correct local time in the beginning.

DaveC426913 said:
There's a whole period village up there somewhere. Can't remember what it's called but we spent the whole afternoon there.
I never tumbled to that, Dave. I took my wife, her mother and her aunt on a tour of NS to thank her mother for caring for her after a very serious car accident, and I settled on the Fundy shore because of the nice touristy-history stuff that is out there.

I couldn't tolerate being around fragranc-y people even then, so I let them tour the chapel and took a walk around. It was then that I bumped into a pretty young tour-guide who asked me if I'd like to see the blacksmith's shop. I took her up on her offer and was very pleasantly surprised. The shop had service bays like a modern auto shop. If your ox needed to be shod, there were flaxen slings and windlasses to hoist the critter up, and wooden vises at each station to clamp their hooves, plus a yoke-like clamp at the front to hold the ox's head, with a trough for feed.

On the walls were wooden "mud-shoes" for oxen so that they could plow and till reclaimed bottom-land without getting mired. The people who populated the Fundy shore were quite talented farmers from the regions of France, Belgium, etc, that knew how to reclaim salt-marshes. I know this is quite unrelated to "forum time", but this is my thread and I'll cry if I want to.

What happened to Forum time?

1. Why is the Forum time different from my local time?

There could be a few reasons for this. The Forum time is usually set to a specific time zone, which may be different from your local time zone. Additionally, the Forum time may not automatically adjust for daylight saving time, while your local time may be set to do so.

2. Why is the Forum time not updating?

The Forum time may not be updating due to a technical issue or a delay in the system. It is also possible that the Forum time is not set to automatically update, so it may need to be manually adjusted.

3. Why is the Forum time showing an error message?

If the Forum time is showing an error message, it is likely that there is a technical issue with the system. This could be due to a server error, a problem with the time zone settings, or an issue with the coding of the Forum time feature.

4. Can I change the Forum time to my local time?

Depending on the settings of the Forum, it may be possible to change the time to your local time. However, this may not be available for all users and may require administrative access to the Forum. It is best to check with the Forum administrator for more information.

5. Why is the Forum time important?

The Forum time is important as it allows users to see the time and date when a post was made, helping to keep track of discussions and conversations. It also allows for coordination and scheduling of events or meetings on the Forum platform.