Spending Thanksgiving Alone? Join Us in Chat!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, there is a Thanksgiving event happening on Thursday the 24th at 10am CST. One member may be alone but will be in chat, while another member's wife is considering taking care of her mother for her sisters.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Several members have requested it.

Ok, with you Greg?

Physics news on Phys.org
Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaase Greg?? o:)

When is thanksgiving?

Ryan_m_b said:
When is thanksgiving?
This Thursday the 24th. Starts at 10am CST.

Evo said:
This Thursday the 24th. Starts at 10am CST.

4pm GMT then. Cool :cool:

I may be "Home Alone" for that holiday, and if so, I will be in chat. My wife (who has been treated so horribly by 4 of her sisters) is contemplating spending the day taking care of her mother (dementia) so that her sisters can all have the day off with their families. I think she's crazy to be so nice to them, but she's thinking more about our nieces, nephews, and their kids than about her sisters. Actually, I won't be *alone*, but Duke doesn't talk too much, so chat would be nice.

What is "Thanksgiving Day Chat"?

"Thanksgiving Day Chat" is a virtual gathering or conversation that takes place on Thanksgiving Day. It can be through various means such as video calls, group chats, or social media platforms.

Why do people participate in "Thanksgiving Day Chat"?

People participate in "Thanksgiving Day Chat" to connect with friends and family who may not be physically present for the holiday. It allows them to share stories, catch up on each other's lives, and maintain relationships despite distance.

What are some common topics discussed during "Thanksgiving Day Chat"?

Some common topics discussed during "Thanksgiving Day Chat" include catching up on each other's lives, sharing memories and traditions, talking about current events, and expressing gratitude for one another.

How has "Thanksgiving Day Chat" changed over the years?

"Thanksgiving Day Chat" has evolved alongside technology. In the past, it may have been limited to phone calls or handwritten letters, but now there are many digital options that allow for more interactive and visual conversations.

Are there any benefits to participating in "Thanksgiving Day Chat"?

Yes, participating in "Thanksgiving Day Chat" can have various benefits such as maintaining relationships, reducing feelings of loneliness, and allowing for connection despite physical distance. It can also be a fun and convenient way to stay in touch with loved ones on a busy holiday.