Rolling a dice many times.

In summary, the probability of getting a 1 and then 2 or 1 and 1 on a dice is 1/6 * 1/6. However, if we want to know the chance of getting a 6 from 3 rolls, the easiest way to calculate it is by considering the opposite event (never getting a 6), which has a probability of (5/6)3. Therefore, the probability of getting at least one 6 from 3 rolls is 1 - (5/6)3. Additionally, rolling a dice infinitely many times will eventually result in a 100% probability of getting a 6, assuming it is a fair dice.
calvinjhfeng
I know how to calculate the probability of getting a 1 and then 2 or 1 and 1 and etc, that's just 1/6 * 1/6

Now what if I ask, what is the chance of getting a 6 from 3 rolls? Let's say I roll the dice 3 times and all I want is just a 6 from anyone of these roll? I just want one 6 from any roll, I don't care if it comes in the first or second or third roll.

I might hear an answer 1/6 , but what if I decided to roll this dice infinitely many times and from that, the probability of getting a 6 is definitely 100%, considering it's a fair dice.

So does rolling a dice extra time will add to the probability of getting a desired number?

Physics news on Phys.org
The easiest way to do this kind of calculation is to consider the opposite event (never getting a 6). Since the probability is 5/6 on anyone roll. On 3 consecutive rolls it is (5/6)3, so getting at least one 6 is 1 - (5/6)3.

o that is simple and quick.
Thank you very much.

1. How many times should I roll the dice to get accurate results?

The number of times you should roll the dice depends on the level of accuracy you desire. Generally, the more times you roll the dice, the more accurate your results will be. A good rule of thumb is to roll the dice at least 100 times.

2. Is it possible to predict the outcome of rolling a dice?

No, it is not possible to predict the exact outcome of a dice roll. However, you can use probability to determine the likelihood of certain outcomes or patterns of results.

3. How does the number of sides on a dice affect the results?

The number of sides on a dice affects the likelihood of certain outcomes. For example, if you roll a 6-sided dice, the chances of rolling a 6 are 1 in 6. However, if you roll a 20-sided dice, the chances of rolling a 20 are 1 in 20.

4. Can rolling a dice many times affect the physical properties of the dice?

No, rolling a dice many times does not affect the physical properties of the dice. However, over time, the dice may wear down and become less accurate.

5. What is the purpose of rolling a dice many times in experiments?

Rolling a dice many times in experiments helps to eliminate chance and randomness in the results. By rolling the dice multiple times, you can get a more accurate representation of the true probability of certain outcomes.