Outlook for science & engineering fields

In summary, there is a current trend of outsourcing and shortage of native talent in the engineering and science fields. This is coupled with a decreasing interest in teaching and pursuing careers in these fields. However, there are still good prospects for these fields, as evidenced by the high demand for these degrees and positive projections for job growth. The lack of interest and poor image of these fields can be attributed to societal values and the education system, which should be revamped to prioritize math, science and creative thinking.
stjimmy
What do you think of the engineering and science fields form a job outlook angle.I've read a lot one this subject and I think it is very unstable.At least in America.I mean do you think that outsourcing/offshoring is a danger?
or is it worse the general lack of interest and the lack of labour in science and technology fields.
these trends I've noticed are pretty bad though.

Outsourcing
Shortage of native talent
Less and less interest in teaching science and teaching it properly
lack of interest and poor image of engineering and science

It's a scary world man ,look out
but remember in my own opinion it is best if we study and work in science and technology because the more there are the more health the field has most of the trends I noticed would be helped if there were more people in the field.

or so I think , what do you think?

Physics news on Phys.org

Engineering prospects look good to me.

http://finance.yahoo.com/college-education/article/107402/most-lucrative-college-degrees.html?mod=edu-collegeprep

Last edited by a moderator:

You can check the BLS OOH for all sorts of projection figures, for America at least. In summary, engineering and science is doing pretty good on the whole, but some areas are doing better than others. Go check it out. It should be required reading for people applying to college.

I do agree with the bad perspective. When I first got into science and tech I scared myself out of it, because I felt it was "cold and logical". Now as I mature I realize that it isn't that at all its full of creativity, logic is there yes, but logic is also good.

Its all about the values we are given. Grow up get a broad education work in an office. Be "creative" while pushing papers...

I think the education system needs to be revamped in two ways.

1) a better focus on maths and sciences
2) more importance on creative thinking rather than testing (AP tests are the ultimate death of education in the High school Classroom... teachers teach to the test and that gets better results than teaching the subject)

What is the current outlook for science and engineering fields?

The current outlook for science and engineering fields is very positive. The demand for professionals in these fields continues to grow as technology advances and new discoveries are made. There are also a variety of job opportunities in different industries, including healthcare, energy, and technology.

What are the key skills needed to succeed in science and engineering careers?

Some key skills that are important for success in science and engineering careers include critical thinking, problem-solving, attention to detail, and strong analytical and mathematical skills. Communication and collaboration skills are also important as many projects in these fields require teamwork.

What are the top paying jobs in science and engineering?

Some of the top paying jobs in science and engineering include petroleum engineer, data scientist, aerospace engineer, chemical engineer, and computer hardware engineer. These positions typically require advanced degrees and specialized skills.

What are the current trends in science and engineering fields?

One current trend in science and engineering fields is the increased focus on sustainability and renewable energy. There is also a growing emphasis on data science and artificial intelligence, as well as the integration of technology into various industries.

How can I stay updated on advancements and opportunities in science and engineering?

To stay updated on advancements and opportunities in science and engineering, it is important to regularly read industry publications, attend conferences and networking events, and stay connected with professionals in your field. Additionally, following relevant organizations and thought leaders on social media can also provide valuable insights and updates.