Find Dr. Michio Kaku's Forum on PF Forum

• Thread starter heartless
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the past involvement of Dr. Michio Kaku in the Physics Forums (PF) community. It is mentioned that he used to have a forum on PF, but it is now only available as an archive. Some members express disappointment that he is no longer active on the forum and suggest that he should return. Others mention that he appeared in a live chat event and wrote articles for the sister site physicspost.com. Some members also mention reading his books and enjoying them, but there is also some criticism of him for promoting his books and doing pop-sci television series. The conversation ends with a user named Michael Phillips, who claims to be Dr. Kaku's webmaster, joining the discussion and providing
heartless
Hello,
In deep and dark nooks of the PF forum, I just found this subforum hidden behind some others. I'd like to post something but, since it's in the archive, should people post in there or it just simply stores what's old. And if so, where's the present Dr. Michio Kaku's Forum?
Thanks,

Physics news on Phys.org
heartless said:
Hello,
In deep and dark nooks of the PF forum, I just found this subforum hidden behind some others. I'd like to post something but, since it's in the archive, should people post in there or it just simply stores what's old. And if so, where's the present Dr. Michio Kaku's Forum?
Thanks,
I think PFs parted company from Dr kaku some time ago Heartless, so maybe the arxives are all that is left.

What ever happened to him? I remember he had a Q&A one time when I first joined PF a while back.

cyrusabdollahi said:
What ever happened to him? I remember he had a Q&A one time when I first joined PF a while back.

Was it not that he did not follow ths MS views, a sort of possible lever against PFs, so a parting of the ways was (agreed) i think it was for the
best, heck i get confused enough all ready.

Was Dr. Kaku a member of PF?

heartless said:
Was Dr. Kaku a member of PF?

Yeah, but we banned him for being a crackpot.

<ZapperZ runs and hides>

Zz.

Yeah, but we banned him for being a crackpot

:biggrin:

What was his nickname?

ZapperZ said:
Yeah, but we banned him for being a crackpot.

<ZapperZ runs and hides>

Zz.

In what respect? I was looking at his bio, top student at harvard undergrad 68' phd in radiation physics. Those are pretty respectable credentials. Is he a crackpot because he does string theory?

cyrusabdollahi said:
In what respect? I was looking at his bio, top student at harvard undergrad 68' phd in radiation physics. Those are pretty respectable credentials. Is he a crackpot because he does string theory?

Zz was just being playful. Dr. Kaku is not regarded as a crackpot obviously.

A couple years back we had a deal with him that we'd host and run his forums if he wrote some articles and appeared in some Q/A chats. We did have one chat with him that was pretty neat. However, his duties became too much and he couldn't do any more chats so we parted ways on the deal. We keep the forum around as an archive.

If you notice they still point to PF
http://www.mkaku.org/forums/

Last edited:
Too bad that he still not on here.It would be nice to have a famous physicst be able to answear questions about physisct and help.Is it still possible for him somtime to start posting again?
I found this thread
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=87996

Last edited:
Did he actually answer any questions in threads?
Yeah, it would be nice to have him up here. Even if he's unable to chat, he still can write something from time to time.

Last edited:
Do you guys still have any of the articles he wrote?

Dr. Kaku appeared once in a live chat event. Unfortunately, it only lasted 2hrs so if you were not available at that time you missed it. Then as now we were an international forum, so many missed it. There was transcripts, and I recall editing out the unnecessary text to create a more readable dialog. I will search my HD to see if I still have a copy. It was posted so should exist somewhere in the current forum archives.

AFAIK, Dr. Kaku never posted or even browsed the forum.

I see that guy all the time in the discovery channel, he's in a ton of documentaries. I didn't know he frequented PF at one time. I guess i have to start taking the PF'ers more seriously, maybe they do know what they're talking about. :smile: Probably not though.

scott1 said:
Too bad that he still not on here.It would be nice to have a famous physicst be able to answear questions about physisct and help.Is it still possible for him somtime to start posting again?
I found this thread
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=87996

I was told by his reps that he did casually check up on things. He however never did register or post to my knowledge. Too busy of a schedule.

ranger said:
Do you guys still have any of the articles he wrote?

He wrote some for our sister site physicspost.com

Theory of everything is difficult, college or graduate level is not enough to understand it, sadly it gone although I don't want it to stay either, because me neither, unable to grasp even a little bit of what selfAdjoint || DrKaku was talking about.

But true, I agree to any ideas taht DrKaku should also learn about Internet bussiness before having a forum hosted :biggrin:
I advise book serries by Bred Jones, "Teach yourself xxx in 24 days"

Integral said:
There was transcripts, and I recall editing out the unnecessary text to create a more readable dialog. I will search my HD to see if I still have a copy.
I have it, I think I got it off of you.
http://www.mwnx.net/users/mac/Chat%20with%20Dr.%20Kaku/

Last edited by a moderator:
Mk said:
I have it, I think I got it off of you.
:uhh: Either that, or ... dun dun dun dun ... "M k" really stands for ... :eek:

I enjoy his book so far <u>Hyperspace</u> Why do people disregard him and hate him?

kokoro said:
I enjoy his book so far <u>Hyperspace</u> Why do people disregard him and hate him?

He spends a lot of time promoting his books and doing pop-sci television series.

Integral said:
Dr. Kaku appeared once in a live chat event. Unfortunately, it only lasted 2hrs so if you were not available at that time you missed it. Then as now we were an international forum, so many missed it. There was transcripts, and I recall editing out the unnecessary text to create a more readable dialog. I will search my HD to see if I still have a copy. It was posted so should exist somewhere in the current forum archives.

AFAIK, Dr. Kaku never posted or even browsed the forum.

My name is Michael Phillips and I have been Dr. Kaku's webmaster for quite sometime. A couple of years ago Dr. Kaku's site did have a message forum. There were a few "heated" debates which turned ugly and caused us to steer away from things for awhile. There is a new forum at "www.mkaku.org/forum"[/URL] which is no comparison to PF!

I am going to be arranging for an online chat soon - I will be sure to post more details as they arise!

Thanks Everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the mentor of the Kaku forum when it was here, and as far as I could see it never had anything much worth while. And it attracted too many of what I think of as "Art bell posters". Credulous folks, in other words.

When you're in charge of something like that you try to be gentle with the babes in the woods who post, but it sure got to be frustrating.

1. How can I access Dr. Michio Kaku's Forum on PF Forum?

To access Dr. Michio Kaku's Forum on PF Forum, simply go to the PF Forum website and search for his forum in the search bar. You can also find a direct link to his forum on his personal website or social media pages.

2. What topics are discussed in Dr. Michio Kaku's Forum on PF Forum?

Dr. Michio Kaku's Forum on PF Forum covers a wide range of topics related to science, technology, and the future. Some common topics include quantum mechanics, space exploration, artificial intelligence, and the potential for human advancement.

3. Is Dr. Michio Kaku active on his forum?

Yes, Dr. Michio Kaku is an active participant on his forum. He regularly posts updates, responds to questions and comments, and engages in discussions with other members.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in Dr. Michio Kaku's Forum on PF Forum?

Yes, like any forum, there are rules and guidelines that all members are expected to follow. These include being respectful to others, staying on topic, and avoiding personal attacks or inappropriate language. The full list of rules can be found on the forum's website.

5. Can I ask Dr. Michio Kaku a question directly on his forum?

Yes, you can ask Dr. Michio Kaku a question directly on his forum. He often hosts Q&A sessions where members can submit their questions and he will answer them in a video or written response. You can also tag him in a post or comment for a chance to get a direct response from him.