Abominable Snowmen: War on Lawn decorations

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, some people are expressing complaints and even rage over extravagant holiday displays, such as loud music and excessive decorations, with some incidents of vandalism reported. One woman has even created a website to document and critique the most "tacky" holiday yards. However, not everyone is opposed to over-the-top displays, as some people find them enjoyable and even a stress-reliever.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Over-the-Top Displays Inspire Loud Complaints, Even Rage; An Inflatable Santa Beheaded

Disgruntled neighbors complain of everything from traffic to wasted electricity. In places like Redding and Aurora, Ill., people called for the city to crack down on loud music or decorations that linger after holidays. Police in some areas of the country even report that the growing number of blow-up Santas adorning people's yards are targets for stabbing and other forms of violent deflation.

Ms. Shumar is airing her grievances online. This season, she launched a Web site called www.tackychristmasyards.com, where she challenges people to find and send pictures of yards with the most "violations." Her list of violation categories includes "more is not less" and "multiple Clauses" (competing Santa figures). Under the category "fallen figurines," she implores people to restore to standing position the figures that have tipped over. "No one wants to see Mary and Joseph laying down as if involved in a deadly drive-by shooting," she writes"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119810213850540481.html

I happen to enjoy all the lights and decorations.

Physics news on Phys.org
In Jersey Village near Houston, various blocks would decorate with a particular theme in addition to individual lights. Some blocks were quite dramatic. I visited a friend nearby, and we would drive over to see the displays.

I love holiday lights. Like tonight, I had a really stressful day at work, so on the way home I took a few side trips down highly decorated roads. I feel good again.
One of the cool things I saw was a snowman made up of hundreds of snowballs as a shell and they stuffed him full of lights! He must of been 12 feet tall!

1. What are Abominable Snowmen: War on Lawn decorations?

Abominable Snowmen: War on Lawn decorations is a fictional concept that started as a humorous social media trend. It involves creating elaborate and often comical scenes of abominable snowmen "attacking" or "invading" a person's front yard. These scenes typically involve fake snow, props, and creative placement of Christmas decorations.

2. How did the concept of Abominable Snowmen: War on Lawn decorations start?

The concept of Abominable Snowmen: War on Lawn decorations started in 2019 when a Twitter user named @chipspopandabar shared a photo of their friend's front yard decorated with abominable snowmen. This photo went viral, and the trend took off from there.

3. Why do people participate in Abominable Snowmen: War on Lawn decorations?

People participate in Abominable Snowmen: War on Lawn decorations for various reasons. Some do it for the fun and creativity of it, while others enjoy the attention and social media fame it may bring. It is also a way for people to spread holiday cheer and create a unique and memorable experience for their neighbors and community.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for creating Abominable Snowmen: War on Lawn decorations?

There are no official rules or guidelines for creating Abominable Snowmen: War on Lawn decorations. However, it is important to be respectful of others and their property when participating in this trend. It is also recommended to use safe and environmentally-friendly materials for the decorations.

5. Is there any scientific or historical significance to Abominable Snowmen: War on Lawn decorations?

No, there is no scientific or historical significance to Abominable Snowmen: War on Lawn decorations. It is simply a fun and creative trend that has gained popularity in recent years through social media. However, it does showcase human creativity and the power of social media in spreading ideas and trends.

Back