Why is my blocked senders function not working in Outlook 2003?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the "Blocked senders" feature may not be working due to a technical issue or misconfiguration in your email settings, and it's possible that the sender you are trying to block is using a different email address or domain. To ensure that the feature is enabled, go to your email settings and look for the option to manage blocked senders. You can also block entire domains instead of individual email addresses, and emails from blocked senders should not be delivered to your spam folder. The limit for the number of senders you can block may vary depending on your email provider.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Using Outlook 2003, my blocked senders function seems to have quite working. Suddenly I am getting tons of spam from senders that have already been blocked. I have looked but don't see where it would be disabled. I know the spammers play games with email addresses, but I also know that at least some are coming from blocked addresses.

Any ideas? Presumably something happened when I did an update.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Ivan, I've actually seen this before and could not figure it out!
If you find a resolution please post back.

1. Why is the "Blocked senders" feature not working?

The "Blocked senders" feature may not be working due to a technical issue or a misconfiguration in your email settings. It's also possible that the sender you are trying to block is using a different email address or domain.

2. How can I make sure the "Blocked senders" feature is enabled?

To ensure that the "Blocked senders" feature is enabled, go to your email settings and look for the option to manage blocked senders. Make sure it is turned on and that the correct list of blocked senders is displayed.

3. Can I block entire domains instead of individual email addresses?

Yes, most email providers allow you to block entire domains instead of just specific email addresses. This can be helpful if you are receiving unwanted emails from multiple senders within the same domain.

4. Will emails from blocked senders still be delivered to my spam folder?

No, if you have added a sender to your blocked list, their emails should not be delivered to your spam folder. However, it's always a good idea to regularly check your spam folder to make sure no important emails were mistakenly filtered.

5. Is there a limit to the number of senders I can block?

The limit for the number of senders you can block may vary depending on your email provider. Some may have a set limit, while others may allow you to block an unlimited number of senders. Check your email settings or contact your provider for more information.