Quality Ad Targeting: Numerology Ads in Forums

• Thread starter Born2bwire
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around frustrations with the effectiveness and relevance of Google ads for various forums and websites, with one person joking about trying to manipulate the ads through their posts.
Born2bwire
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Heh. You'd think they could do a better job matching advertisers for the forums. So which one of you guys have been making naughty references to mess with the Google algorithms?

EDIT: Fantastic. After I created the thread, the advertisement at the top of the thread turned out to be the same numerology ad.

Attachments

• InterestingAd.jpg
    InterestingAd.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 304
Physics news on Phys.org
(moved to feedback)

Unfortunately google ads does not have decent paying ads for physics. So I've had to supplement with another banner service (with poor targeting). It's about 70/30 for google ads. The banner you have posted is not google.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Unfortunately google ads does not have decent paying ads for physics. So I've had to supplement with another banner service (with poor targeting). It's about 70/30 for google ads. The banner you have posted is not google.

Healing magnets.

Curses! There goes my plan to manipulate the Google adsense by inserting subliminal messages into my posts.

Brown's Gas.

1. What is the purpose of quality ad targeting?

The purpose of quality ad targeting is to ensure that advertisements are shown to the most relevant and interested audience. This helps to increase the effectiveness of the ad and ultimately lead to higher conversions and profits for the advertiser.

2. How does numerology play a role in ad targeting?

Numerology is used in ad targeting to analyze the characteristics and behaviors of individuals based on their birth dates and other numerical patterns. This information can then be used to target specific demographics or interests that may be more likely to engage with the advertisement.

3. Why are forums a popular platform for numerology ads?

Forums provide a space for individuals to discuss and share information about various topics, including numerology. This makes them a prime location for numerology ads as they have a targeted audience already interested in the subject matter.

4. How can quality ad targeting benefit both advertisers and consumers?

Quality ad targeting benefits both advertisers and consumers. Advertisers are able to reach their target audience more effectively, leading to higher conversions and profits. Consumers are shown ads that are relevant and interesting to them, making their browsing experience more enjoyable.

5. Are there any potential downsides to quality ad targeting?

One potential downside to quality ad targeting is the invasion of privacy. Advertisers may collect personal information from individuals in order to target them, which can raise concerns about data protection. Additionally, some individuals may find targeted ads intrusive or annoying.