I have a notification that won't go away. I've acknowledged it (I

• Thread starter Q_Goest
  • Start date
In summary, there could be multiple reasons for a notification not disappearing even after acknowledging it. It may be from a third-party app with its own notification settings, or it could be related to a system update or malfunction. You can manually dismiss the notification by swiping or tapping on it, but it may reappear if there is a new notification for the same issue. It's possible for a notification to be spam or a virus, but modern smartphones have security measures in place to prevent this. To prevent notifications from appearing in the future, you can adjust the settings for the specific app or turn off notifications altogether. Acknowledging the notification may make it go away permanently, but it depends on the type and cause of the notification. Further troubleshooting
Q_Goest
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I have a notification that won't go away. I've acknowledged it (I rejected a friend request from someone I don't know) but it still shows up in bold at the top of each page. How do I get rid of if?

Physics news on Phys.org

To reject a friend request, you have to first click a checkbox next to the member's name/avatar before you click the "reject" button (or whatever it's called).

Hope that solves your problem.

Yea, that's the problem... it don't work!

I PM'd Greg. Maybe he can help.

1. Why won't the notification go away even after acknowledging it?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that the notification is from a third-party app and they have their own settings for how long notifications stay visible. It's also possible that the notification is related to a system update or malfunction, which may require further troubleshooting.

2. Can I manually dismiss the notification?

Yes, you can manually dismiss the notification by swiping or tapping on it. This should remove it from your notification bar and it should not reappear unless there is a new notification for that same issue.

3. Is it possible that the notification is a spam or virus?

It's possible, but unlikely. Most modern smartphones have security measures in place to prevent spam or viruses from infiltrating your device through notifications. If you suspect that the notification is spam or a virus, do not interact with it and consider running a security scan on your device.

4. How can I prevent notifications from appearing in the future?

If the notification is from a specific app, you can go into your device's settings and adjust the notification settings for that app. You can also turn off notifications for that app altogether. If the notification is from your device's system, you may need to troubleshoot the issue further or seek assistance from a professional.

5. Will acknowledging the notification make it go away permanently?

It depends on the type of notification and the cause of it. If it is a one-time notification, acknowledging it should make it go away permanently. However, if it is a recurring notification, it may continue to appear until the underlying issue is resolved. If the notification is related to a system update or malfunction, it may require further troubleshooting to fully resolve the issue.