Solution Stoichiometry problem

In summary, the conversation is about a homework problem involving finding the amount of KCl and determining the limiting reactant in a reaction between HNO3 and Na2CO3. The first problem was solved with an answer of 51.4 mL of KCl, but the solution to the second problem was not found. The individual is unsure how to find the answer and apologizes for any confusion due to being tired. It is noted that there is no limiting reactant in the second problem.
Bashyboy

Homework Statement

The description of the problem is in the given link: http://s906.photobucket.com/albums/ac261/Bashyboy/?action=view&current=2011-10-11_21-13-53_241.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Well, I as was able to find the answer to the first problem, which came out to be 51.4 mL of KCl. What I was not able to ascertain was the answer to the second problem. I took the amount of moles contained in the HNO3 and Na2CO3 solutions; I then tried to find the limiting reactant, but I really didn't work. How do I find the answer to the second question. Sorry if any parts of my query are unclear--it is late, and, therefore, I am tired.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no limiting reagent in this question.

What is Solution Stoichiometry?

Solution stoichiometry is a branch of chemistry that deals with the quantitative relationships between reactants and products in a chemical reaction that takes place in a solution.

How do you solve a Solution Stoichiometry problem?

To solve a solution stoichiometry problem, you first need to write a balanced chemical equation for the reaction. Then, you need to determine the number of moles of the reactant and product using the given information. After that, you can use the mole ratio from the balanced equation to calculate the number of moles of the desired product. Finally, you can convert the moles of the product to the desired units using the molar mass.

What units are used in Solution Stoichiometry?

The units used in solution stoichiometry are typically moles (mol) and grams (g) for mass, and liters (L) for volume. In some cases, concentrations (M) may also be used.

What are some common mistakes when solving Solution Stoichiometry problems?

Some common mistakes when solving solution stoichiometry problems include not converting units correctly, not using the correct mole ratio from the balanced equation, and not accounting for the limiting reactant in the calculation.

How is Solution Stoichiometry used in real life?

Solution stoichiometry is used in many real-life applications, such as in pharmaceuticals, food and beverage production, and environmental studies. It is used to determine the amount of reactants needed for a desired product, to calculate the yield of a reaction, and to monitor and control the production process of various products.