Integral's Semi-Retirement: A New Era for PF's Physics Forum

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
In summary, Integral has retired from being the Physics Forum Mentor, but will still be a part of the forum. Zz has been appointed to take his place, and I am sure he will do a great job. However, Greg has given Zz the power to float across all forums, which may cause some problems in the future.
Since Our esteemed colleague appears reluctant to speak, I'll do so on his behalf.

I've been here since the "Early Days", not as long as some of you, but long enough to remember PF as it once was. They were rough times. The battles were fierce, and those of us fighting the "good fight" were barely holding our own, it would not have taken much for us to be overwhelmed by the powers of darkness.

But then, on the Net horizon appeared a figure, an imposing figure who with mere keystrokes scattered the minions of crackpottery and ignorance, rallying the troops under the standard of reason. The tide turned, and PF survived to become the glowing jewel it is today.

And now our shining warrior has decided to step down from the lime-light, to reap a well deserved rest.

So let's raise our glasses into Salute:

To Integral!

Physics news on Phys.org
Janus said:
And now our shining warrior has decided to step down from the lime-light, to reap a well deserved rest.

To Integral!
Salute! :approve:

(but in reality he has become more powerful) He's like Obi-Wan Kenobi when he raises his lightsaber to allow Darth Vader to kill him, except the only thing remaining is his robe. He becomes part of the force. :approve:

Janus said:
I've been here since the "Early Days", not as long as some of you, but long enough to remember PF as it once was. They were rough times.

I'll say. Integral was already the Physics Mentor when I got here in 2002, but I remember that his predecessor was a raging crank.

It was indeed scandium.

I think we should held a party for both of them in the Tiki Bar and of course all site managers and super mentors should come!
By the way,who is Zz? :confused: Isn't he Zinedine Zidane?! :wink:

Janus said:

To Integral!
Gezuar. Bismillah. Genatzt. Prosit. Op uw gezonheid. Saude. Kan bei. Na Zdravi. Skal. Proost. Fee sihetak. Je zia sano. Tervist. Kippis. A votre sante. Prosit. Eis Igian. Kasugta. Okole maluna. L'chaim. Kedves egeszsegere. Santanka nu. Apki Lambi Umar Ke Liye. Sláinte. Salute. Kampai. Kong gang ul wi ha yo. I sveikas. Slamat minum. Salud. Saha wa'afiab. Kia ora. Sanda bashi. Mabuhay. Na zdrowie. A sua saude. Noroc. Na zdorovia. Sawasdi. Serefe. Boovatje zdorovi. Iechyd da. Zivio. Oogy wawa. Cheers and Down the Hatch! :biggrin:

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Moonbear said:
Op uw gezonheid.

you mean 'op uw gezondheid' Moonbear ?

Straf dat gij deze uitdrukking kent...mooi zo...congrats

marlon

marlon said:
you mean 'op uw gezondheid' Moonbear ?

Straf dat gij deze uitdrukking kent...mooi zo...congrats

marlon
I don't know...I just went hunting for phrases to be said with toasts; supposedly they are the equivalent to "cheers" or "to your health" but since I don't know most of those languages, I just had to hope I got the right phrases. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I don't know...I just went hunting for phrases to be said with toasts; supposedly they are the equivalent to "cheers" or "to your health" but since I don't know most of those languages, I just had to hope I got the right phrases. :biggrin:
it is worth gold if you know that many languages.

you must have at least a six digit salary, Moonbear

way to go

girlpower

marlon

Hey Integral, do you realize that people are trying to give you the clap?

I'd run away very quickly if I were you. :)

Zz.

marlon said:
it is worth gold if you know that many languages.

you must have at least a six digit salary, Moonbear

way to go

girlpower

marlon
:rofl: I wish...on both accounts! I'm working toward that salary, slowly but surely (actually, the one nifty thing I've discovered about academics is that although you start out grad school with a stipend that even WalMart workers would pity, it increases by leaps and bounds as you move up the ranks; when you get raises, they are substantial).

Though, as I was tracking down those phrases, I did realize I knew quite a few of them...apparently I can drink in many languages, I just never knew how to spell any of them! :biggrin: I'm character challenged too, so if any of them require diacritical marks to be correctly spelled (like umlauts), I can't include those (one of the few downsides to posting from a Mac; the codes just don't work).

So, when do we throw the retirement party for Integral and the inaugural ball for ZZ? Hey, wait, we still haven't had an inaugural ball for Gokul either! *chants* Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party!

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Hey, wait, we still haven't had an inaugural ball for Gokul either! *chants* Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! Party!

yeah, we should do that first

great idea

marlon

I think it's the best time to hold a party for Integral because of his semi-retirement and his birthday!

Happy Birthday Integral!

Has no one said that Integral has been an integral part of PF? :approve:
Seriously, how can you pass that up? :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: