Writing a Finite Polynomial for (k)1/2 in Math | Real Numbers

• Thread starter mesa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Writing
In summary, to write a math problem, you need to identify the problem, create an equation, simplify the equation, solve the equation, and check your answer. To show your work in math, you can write out the steps, draw diagrams or graphs, use a calculator, label and explain each step, and use mathematical notation. Some tips for improving your math writing skills include practicing regularly, using proper notation and grammar, explaining your reasoning, and getting feedback. To make your math writing more understandable, you can use clear and concise language, break down complex problems, use visual aids, write out all steps, and check for errors. If you need help with writing math problems, you can ask your teacher, look for online resources, join
mesa
Gold Member
I need to write, (k)1/2= a finite term polynomial of 'k' where 'k' is the set of all Reals where 'k' is greater than 0 in math.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
You can't write [itex]\sqrt{k}[/itex] as a polynomial in k over [itex]\mathbb{R}[/itex].

disregardthat said:
You can't write [itex]\sqrt{k}[/itex] as a polynomial in k over [itex]\mathbb{R}[/itex].

That is interesting because you can, but that isn't the question. How do I go from my statement to 'math'.

disregardthat said:

This.

Thread locked.

I understand the importance of accurately representing mathematical concepts and equations. In this case, (k)1/2 represents the square root of k, where k is a real number greater than 0.

To write a finite term polynomial for (k)1/2, we can express it as k^(1/2), which can be expanded using the binomial theorem as (1/2)k^(1/2) + (1/2)k^(0.5-1) + (1/8)k^(0.5-2) + … + (1/n)k^(0.5-n), where n is the desired degree of the polynomial.

In simpler terms, the finite term polynomial for (k)1/2 would be a sum of terms with coefficients that decrease by 1/n and powers of k that decrease by 0.5 for each subsequent term.

For example, if we want a polynomial of degree 3, the finite term polynomial for (k)1/2 would be (1/2)k^(1/2) + (1/2)k^0 + (1/8)k^(-0.5) + (1/24)k^(-1). This can be simplified further as (1/2)√k + (1/2) + (1/8)/√k + (1/24)/k.

I hope this helps to accurately represent (k)1/2 as a finite term polynomial in the set of all real numbers where k is greater than 0.

What are the steps for writing a math problem?

To write a math problem, follow these steps:1. Identify the problem: Determine what you are looking for and what information you have.2. Create an equation: Use variables to represent unknown quantities and write an equation to represent the problem.3. Simplify the equation: Use inverse operations to isolate the variable.4. Solve the equation: Use the correct order of operations to calculate the value of the variable.5. Check your answer: Substitute the value of the variable into the original equation to ensure it is correct.

How do I show my work in math?

To show your work in math, you can use any of the following methods:1. Write out the problem and solution step by step.2. Draw diagrams or graphs to illustrate the problem.3. Use a calculator to show your calculations.4. Label and explain each step of your solution.5. Use mathematical notation and symbols to clearly show your work.

What are some tips for improving my math writing skills?

Here are some tips for improving your math writing skills:1. Practice regularly: The more you practice, the better you will become at writing math problems.2. Use proper notation: Use symbols and mathematical notation correctly to make your work clear and concise.3. Use correct grammar and spelling: This will help to avoid confusion and misunderstandings.4. Explain your reasoning: Write out the steps and reasoning behind your solution to show a deeper understanding of the problem.5. Get feedback: Ask a teacher or peer to review your work and provide constructive criticism.

How can I make my math writing more understandable?

To make your math writing more understandable, you can:1. Use clear and concise language: Avoid using overly complicated words or sentences.2. Break down complex problems: Divide the problem into smaller, more manageable parts.3. Use visual aids: Draw diagrams or graphs to help explain the problem.4. Write out all steps: This will help the reader follow your thought process.5. Check for errors: Make sure your work is accurate and free of mistakes.

Where can I find help with writing math problems?

You can find help with writing math problems in the following places:1. Ask your teacher or professor for guidance.2. Look for online resources and tutorials.3. Join a study group or tutoring session.4. Visit your school's math center or writing center.5. Use textbooks and workbooks for practice and examples.