Need a good news article for chemistry report

In summary, the conversation was about finding recent news articles related to chemical compounds. While the focus is often on global warming and greenhouse gases, there are still other stories available. Some suggestions include articles from Scientific American, such as one on silver coatings fighting microbes and another on iron as a high-temperature superconductor. However, the original poster is looking for an article with at least 3 compounds mentioned, and the only one that comes to mind is about pharmaceuticals contaminating water supplies, although it may not be from the past month.
mjolnir80
i need some piece of news in the past month that contains something about a few chemical compounds.
i just can't seem to find anything good. nowadays its all about global warming and green house gases and stuff
can anyone help me find something other than anything having to do with global warming
id appreciate some help :smile:

Chemistry news on Phys.org
i actually already checked those but the article is supposed to have at least 3 compounds(not elements)

3 compounds in one article in a news story? Are you sure you've understood your assignment correctly?

How long ago was that article on pharmaceuticals contaminating water supplies? That's about the only story I can think of that might suit those criteria, but I think it's been longer than a month (then again, maybe there's some source that was having a slow news day the past month and carried the story late).

Pharmacueticals in sources of water

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/coverstory/86/8608cover.html

(recent, but not in the last month)

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the importance of finding a good news article for a chemistry report?

Finding a good news article for a chemistry report is important because it provides a real-life example of how chemistry is relevant and impactful in our daily lives. It also helps to make the report more interesting and engaging for the reader.

Where can I find reliable and credible sources for a chemistry news article?

To find reliable and credible sources for a chemistry news article, you can search through reputable science news websites, scientific journals, and government agency websites. It is important to critically evaluate the sources to ensure they are trustworthy and accurate.

What are some tips for selecting a suitable news article for a chemistry report?

Some tips for selecting a suitable news article for a chemistry report include choosing a topic that relates to the focus of your report, ensuring the article is recent and from a reputable source, and considering the level of complexity and relevance to your audience.

How can I incorporate a news article into my chemistry report?

You can incorporate a news article into your chemistry report by summarizing the key points and findings of the article, discussing how it relates to your report topic, and providing your own analysis and interpretation of the information presented.

What are the benefits of including a news article in a chemistry report?

Including a news article in a chemistry report can provide a real-life context and application of the concepts discussed in the report. It can also make the report more engaging and relevant to the reader, and showcase the importance of chemistry in current events and society.