Online calculator, enter formulas and use variables

In summary, a new user shared a calculator they created that allows for entering formulas and using variables and physical units. The calculator also has a history feature and can easily share equation sets through a URL. The user encourages others to try it out and asks for feedback. Another user asks for help with a snake program, but it is unclear what program they are referring to and they are advised to start a new topic.
thkoe002
Hi guys,

new user here, I couldn't figure out which subforum would be suited best for this, so the mods may feel free to move this post around. (edit: should have posted in the Math&Science Learning Materials subform... mods, can you move this please?)

I just wanted to make you guys aware of the calculator I wrote at http://info-bot.appspot.com/calc [Broken] . It's in the alpha stage and looks like crap, but it's quite useful. You can enter formulas and use variables (the have to start with a #, like #x, #mass, etc), physical units are supported (it uses the google calculator).
All equation sets are connected to a url and are thus easy to share, and if you log in, your calculations are saved in a history.

http://info-bot.appspot.com/calc?url=4ac10e5b09a7153d66e9feb24d934ec6803381cf1c69d61f260e5e4c43162554" [Broken] are some trivial examples.

I wrote this yesterday because it can be very cumbersome to copy/paste google calculator results between different tabs and all; this makes everything very convenient.

Tell me what you think!

Have fun, cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
i am new to this site but can anyone help me with the snake program that is on this site i can not figure out the line that that has the lsnah or whatever it is i know the first letter is that little L but any help would be apprciated

Hahaha how on Earth did you manage to post this in my 1 year old submission? :D

Also, what snake program? You better start a new topic and provide a link.

1. How do I use an online calculator to enter formulas?

To use an online calculator to enter formulas, simply type in the formula using standard mathematical notation. Most online calculators have a keypad or buttons for common mathematical operations, but you can also use your keyboard to enter numbers, operators, and variables. Make sure to use parentheses to indicate the order of operations.

2. Can I use variables in my formulas when using an online calculator?

Yes, most online calculators allow you to use variables in your formulas. Simply type in the variable name, followed by an equal sign and the corresponding value. For example, if you want to use the variable x with a value of 5 in your formula, type "x=5" before the rest of your formula.

3. Do I need to know coding or programming to use an online calculator?

No, you do not need to know coding or programming to use an online calculator. Most online calculators are designed for ease of use and do not require any coding knowledge. Simply type in your formula using standard mathematical notation and the calculator will do the rest.

4. Can I save my formulas and variables for future use in an online calculator?

It depends on the specific online calculator you are using. Some calculators may have a feature that allows you to save your formulas and variables for future use, but others may not. If you need to save your work, it is best to check the features of the specific calculator you are using.

5. Are online calculators accurate?

Most online calculators are accurate, but it is always a good idea to double check your calculations. There may be rare instances where an online calculator may give incorrect results due to a glitch or error, so it is important to verify your answers. If you are using the calculator for important or complex calculations, it is best to use multiple sources for verification.