What college major seems the worst to you?

In summary: You're basically just saying that you have some knowledge but you're not really an expert. If you're looking for a challenge, I would recommend studying philosophy. It's a very difficult major, but it's definitely rewarding when you finally get a degree in it.
Neopets
If you personally had to decide on the college major that you would probably be the most bored studying which one would it be?

Physics news on Phys.org
Physics. :tongue:

Communications or English

Woman Studies

art, English, communications,

Law, business, anything practical

Anything that wouldn't really teach you anything about how the universe works. In other words: everything but the sciences.

What about engineering and medicine?

Topher925 said:

I would suck it up for the cash.

I would say anything that has to do with essay writing would be most painful for me.

Basket weaving, if there is such a thing.

I'm a physics major, and I would have avoided most the following five:

1. Communications (most boring)
2. English (a worthy opponent to communications)
3. Sociology (you don't learn any laws..)
4. Business (wouldn't be learning enough)
5. Political Science (politics is retarded)

I actually think art would be cool...If you're going back to get a second degree though your priorities change and I would be more willing to do something like art because I now have a great college education already which would balance the weakness of art as a subject in college (you just learn too little about the non-art world, course this is true about most majors other than like physics/engineering/chemistry/math/etc.)

I dunno, I choose physics because I thought it was a mandatory first degree before you do another degree in life or switch to some other field. Like it is fundamental in all the science degrees so I don't know why you wouldn't start with it before you do something like chemistry/biology..

Last edited:
Topher925 said:

50-50. If you go into the academics, it's probably pretty boring (in fact, I tried out engineering in between physics and neuroscience. I found out I was surely of a scientific nature.)

But if you study physics or biology, applications in engineering or medicine that emerge from your studies are definitely rewarding to the ego, and thus, not so boring. They also make good motivation in proposals to actually do the work in the first place. For me, it's nice to see that all the abstract theory actually amounts to something in reality. But at the same time, I'll never leave the world of abstract theory for that reality.

Accounting :zzz:

The one that requires a PhD to get a decent job, and still not making 6 figures. Not to mention the competitiveness and the lack of available jobs in the market.

Oh wait...

Anything involving humans, IE history, social studies, psychology, language, culture.

philosophy - a BS in BS

Art History.

turbo said:
Art History.

Oh no, art history sounds so cool! Really it's just an excuse to learn regular history, but you get to see a lot of nice art along the way.

Seriously, it's accounting :zzz:.

I would probably have a difficult time making it through a degree in marketing without wanting to kill myself.

I find what's most boring to me is being forced to study something I already know at another's excruciatingly slow pace.

Last edited by a moderator:
lisab said:
accounting :zzz:

definitely!

Proton Soup said:
philosophy - a BS in BS

I would have gotten my degree in that if it wasn't for the fact that you can't really do much with just a BS.

1. What college major do you think is the most difficult?

This is a subjective question as difficulty of a major can vary from person to person. However, majors in the fields of mathematics, engineering, and sciences are often considered to be more challenging due to the heavy coursework and technical skills required.

2. Is there a major that has a low job market demand?

Yes, there are certain majors that have a low job market demand, such as fine arts, philosophy, and literature. However, it is important to note that a low job market demand does not necessarily mean that there are no job opportunities in these fields. It may just require a bit more effort and networking to find a job in these areas.

3. Which major do you think has the least practical application in the real world?

This is a difficult question to answer as every major has its own practical applications in various industries. However, some people may argue that majors in the humanities and social sciences have less practical application compared to majors in the STEM fields. It ultimately depends on an individual's career goals and interests.

4. What college major do you think has the least earning potential?

This question is also subjective as earning potential can vary depending on career choices and job market demand. Generally, majors in the arts, education, and social sciences tend to have lower earning potential compared to majors in business, engineering, and computer science. However, this can also depend on an individual's skills and experience in their field.

5. Is there a college major that is considered "useless"?

No major can be considered completely "useless" as every field of study has its own value and importance. However, some people may argue that majors in the arts or humanities have less practical applications in the job market. It is important to note that every major can provide valuable skills and knowledge that can be applied in various industries and careers.