PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #3,606
Most anything is best served in the Caribbean!

Thanks Red Rum... its nice to read a slice of the Netherlands experience!

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,607
baywax said:
The best way to clean the beer bottles is by drinking the beer, right?!

Interesting you should mention this. I'm just back from a country where the empty bottles are already arriving back for refilling before QC Microbiology results are available for the previously filled ones. And if we could double capacity we still couldn't fill the demand. Quality becomes quite a challenge in these situations.

• #3,608
Red Rum said:
Interesting you should mention this. I'm just back from a country where the empty bottles are already arriving back for refilling before QC Microbiology results are available for the previously filled ones. And if we could double capacity we still couldn't fill the demand. Quality becomes quite a challenge in these situations.

Red Rum... could the company use spectral analysis the same way astronomy uses it to identify atmospheric contents on unreachable planets?

You'd have to set up a detection of bacterial spectral analysis then scan many bottles at once and go by the percentage of incidence of bacterial matter... probably after rinsing and whatever you guys do to the poor little left over bottles.

Heineken rocks!

• #3,609
baywax said:
Red Rum... could the company use spectral analysis the same way astronomy uses it to identify atmospheric contents on unreachable planets?

You'd have to set up a detection of bacterial spectral analysis then scan many bottles at once and go by the percentage of incidence of bacterial matter... probably after rinsing and whatever you guys do to the poor little left over bottles.

In short, yes. But it's somewhat cost prohibitive and we must not lose sight of the fact that our core business is selling beer.

• #3,610
Red Rum said:
In short, yes. But it's somewhat cost prohibitive and we must not lose sight of the fact that our core business is selling beer.

I don't see a downturn coming soon to that market, hic...:cool:

Competition must be fierce.

• #3,611
Red Rum and Andre, now that's a great photo!

• #3,612
Cycling in Brassemmermeer on April 13. I'm freezing since I lost my Ireland rugby jersey.

http://picasaweb.google.com/tadhgmeister/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCI_eiN3T5aS5gQE#5334275252698681922 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #3,613
I'm bored

Me in Mendoza, Argentina at a wine vineyard of course:

3658537377_c8b606421b.jpg

Me at the club in Florianopolis, Brazil (not a very flattering pic):

3659331872_05d2b41e7c.jpg

• #3,614
Very nice gravenewworld!

• #3,615
I just realized that I posted the Evo Child's picture in the forum, but not here. So here are the Evo child, my dog the Fruit Bat and my cat Dr Foofer.

ecfb.jpg

camerapictures693.jpg

camerapictures555.jpg

Last edited:
  • #3,616
Astounding that Mr. Foofer is simultaneously entirely relaxed and precariously balanced.

All lovely photos, Evo. Evo child is truly lovely. The Fruit Bat. Hee!

• #3,617
Nice pics , Evo!:smile:
But why haven't you posted pics of you and spawn?:blushing:

• #3,618
GeorginaS said:
Astounding that Mr. Foofer is simultaneously entirely relaxed and precariously balanced.

All lovely photos, Evo. Evo child is truly lovely. The Fruit Bat. Hee!
Yeah, he fell out of the window 3 times that day...poor thing.

Lisa! said:
Nice pics , Evo!:smile:
But why haven't you posted pics of you and spawn?:blushing:
I can never get spawn to allow a picture. :frown:

Last edited:
  • #3,619
Danger said:
And yet again someone turns out to be less than half of the age that I had envisioned. This is getting far too common.

That's what I've been thinking too. Dang. My pics will go up soon. I FINALLY bought a nice digi-cam -- and it's battery's charging. I might look young, but I'm not... just good genes -- my students always guess my age about 10 yrs off (and I really think they aren't intending it as brown-nosing).

• #3,620
physics girl phd said:
That's what I've been thinking too. Dang. My pics will go up soon. I FINALLY bought a nice digi-cam -- and it's battery's charging. I might look young, but I'm not... just good genes -- my students always guess my age about 10 yrs off (and I really think they aren't intending it as brown-nosing).

*looks at watch and rolls his eyes impatiently* :tongue:

Last edited:
  • #3,621
physics girl phd said:
I FINALLY bought a nice digi-cam

Nice? You mean - one of those that make you look even younger?

• #3,622
Borek said:
Nice? You mean - one of those that make you look even younger?

That's what I use. And pointed at the mirror on the wall at the right angle...miracles happen.

• #3,623
hi to everyone!you're so cute, I'm glad to be here!

• #3,624
I think we need a mandatory picture update of everyone :biggrin: I think some of the pics are gettin up there.

• #3,625
mcknia07 said:
I think we need a mandatory picture update of everyone :biggrin: I think some of the pics are gettin up there.

You first, sweetie :smile:!

• #3,626
Here you go...

Guess which one I am?

Attachments

• Gansta Girls.jpg
    Gansta Girls.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 705
  • Dani and I (I just love her).jpg
    Dani and I (I just love her).jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 785
  • #3,627
mcknia07 said:
Here you go...

Guess which one I am?

Well, since we didn't hear that you were married recently, I suppose you're in the red dress...the one who looks nearly identical to the bride! (Is that your sister or cousin?)

Very beautiful pix, mcknia!

• #3,628
Thanks, and no, we are not even related, she is my best friend though. We have been told that we look like sisters quite alot.

• #3,629
Oh very nice mcknia!

Yes, a lot of members need updates.

• #3,630
mcknia07 said:
Here you go...

Guess which one I am?

Who cares? I'll take em both!

(Whoops. There seems to be a malfunction in my Internal Monologue driver...)

• #3,631
Now, where is everyone else's pics... let's see 'em!

• #3,632
mcknia07 said:
Now, where is everyone else's pics... let's see 'em!
I've been trying to upload, but it seems Greg's server must be busy staring at your pictures.

• #3,633
lol, You are too kind... Now, I can use it for chat days to stay open longer :approve: :wink: and I have a few more that are nicer, too, hehe.

• #3,634
Nice pictures mcknia.

• #3,635
Very nice, mcknia! You look mahvalous.

Evo said:
Yes, a lot of members need updates.
I need a reboot every now and then. Ctrl+Alt+Del

• #3,636
Taken a few days ago, up in the mountains...

xfncpe.jpg

• #3,637
ooh very nice lisa.

• #3,638
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #3,639
lisab said:
xfncpe.jpg

Is it you, or your daughter?

• #3,640
Great picture lisab! Very cute!

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?</h2><p>The PF Member Photo Thread Archive is a collection of photos submitted by members of the Physics Forums community. It serves as a way for members to share their personal photos and get to know each other better.</p><h2>2. How can I submit my photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?</h2><p>To submit your photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive, you can simply post them in the designated thread on the Physics Forums website. Make sure to follow the guidelines and rules set by the moderators.</p><h2>3. Are there any restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted?</h2><p>Yes, there are some restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive. Photos must be appropriate for all ages and should not contain any offensive or inappropriate content.</p><h2>4. Can I use photos from the PF Member Photo Thread Archive for my own personal use?</h2><p>No, the photos in the PF Member Photo Thread Archive are the property of the members who submitted them. You may not use them for any personal or commercial purposes without the permission of the original owner.</p><h2>5. Is there a limit to the number of photos I can submit to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?</h2><p>There is no specific limit on the number of photos you can submit, but please be considerate and avoid spamming the thread with multiple photos. Quality over quantity is appreciated.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?

The PF Member Photo Thread Archive is a collection of photos submitted by members of the Physics Forums community. It serves as a way for members to share their personal photos and get to know each other better.

2. How can I submit my photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?

To submit your photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive, you can simply post them in the designated thread on the Physics Forums website. Make sure to follow the guidelines and rules set by the moderators.

3. Are there any restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted?

Yes, there are some restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive. Photos must be appropriate for all ages and should not contain any offensive or inappropriate content.

4. Can I use photos from the PF Member Photo Thread Archive for my own personal use?

No, the photos in the PF Member Photo Thread Archive are the property of the members who submitted them. You may not use them for any personal or commercial purposes without the permission of the original owner.

5. Is there a limit to the number of photos I can submit to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?

There is no specific limit on the number of photos you can submit, but please be considerate and avoid spamming the thread with multiple photos. Quality over quantity is appreciated.