Understanding Cell Phone Wiring for House Hold Phone Jacks

In summary, a Household Phone Jack is used to provide low level power to a phone plugged into it. It is often depicted in movies that you can connect a cell phone to the phone jack using the wires from the jack, but this is not possible as cell phones do not have wires to connect. This is just a fictional plot device and should not be taken as fact.
biferi
I know that a House Hold Phone Jack gives the Phone pluged into it the Low Level Powere to work.

And I always see in movies and Hear how if you have just a Cell Phone you can take the Wire right from the Phone Jack and connect them to the Cell Phone.

I do not understand this because even if you open a Cell Phone it has no Wire to connect with the Jacks Wires.

Even if you wanted to Twist then and make it work?

Engineering news on Phys.org
biferi said:
I know that a House Hold Phone Jack gives the Phone pluged into it the Low Level Powere to work.

And I always see in movies and Hear how if you have just a Cell Phone you can take the Wire right from the Phone Jack and connect them to the Cell Phone.

I do not understand this because even if you open a Cell Phone it has no Wire to connect with the Jacks Wires.

Even if you wanted to Twist then and make it work?

Doesn't sound possible. Don't always believe what you see in the movies... :smile:

Very true, when MacGyver aired in the 1980's. They would say he used everyday objects in his surroundings to escape but later the producers said they left out key steps to prevent kids from reproducing the MacGyver effect. In reality some of the effects would never have worked but they were plausible in the plot.

In the Numb3rs series they would use math to solve crimes but the math was added to the story after it was conceived using the plausibility criteria. Many mathematicians were disappointed that the story didn't resolve around the math instead.

1. What is the purpose of cell phone wiring for household phone jacks?

The purpose of cell phone wiring for household phone jacks is to provide a connection between your cell phone and the landline telephone system. This allows you to use your cell phone to make and receive calls through your existing household phone jacks.

2. How does cell phone wiring for household phone jacks work?

Cell phone wiring for household phone jacks works by using a device called a cell phone signal booster. This device amplifies the cell phone signal and converts it into a landline signal, which is then sent through the existing phone wiring in your house.

3. Do I need to have a landline phone service to use cell phone wiring for household phone jacks?

No, you do not need to have a landline phone service to use cell phone wiring for household phone jacks. The signal booster can work with just your cell phone service, as long as you have a strong enough cell phone signal in your area.

4. Can I use multiple cell phones with cell phone wiring for household phone jacks?

Yes, you can use multiple cell phones with cell phone wiring for household phone jacks. The signal booster can support multiple devices at once, allowing all connected phones to make and receive calls through the household phone jacks.

5. How do I install cell phone wiring for household phone jacks?

The installation process for cell phone wiring for household phone jacks will vary depending on the specific signal booster and wiring setup in your house. It is recommended to consult the instructions provided by the signal booster manufacturer or seek professional installation services for best results.