Good book for introduction to chemistry

In summary, the speakers discuss different chemistry books that would be helpful for someone looking for an introduction to chemistry. Suggestions include "Chemistry" by Stephen Zumadahl, "Chemistry Zumdahl" Fifth Edition, and "Solomons" by T.W. Graham Solomons. The speakers mention that the books are clear and helpful, but may require a solid knowledge of previous chapters.
OPTIDONN
Hello I am looking for a good book that will give me an introduction to chemistry. I work in the optical field (glasses, contacts etc.) and work with plastic monomers and polymers and would like to know a little more about them and why the react to certain conditions the way that they do. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I would suggest Chemistry by Stephen Zumadahl. However, I have heard other people suggest a chemistry book by Raymond Chang.

"Chemistry Zumdahl" Fifth Edition is the one I have for my chemistry class (Highschool grade12). First 5 chapters are review. Polymers I would think a better book would be an organic chemistry book. My chemistry teacher gave me Solomons by T. W. Graham Solomons to study for chemistry contests. I find this book is good but not many examples. I am in grade 12, I haven't seen many books in chemistry yet, so my suggestions may not be probably usefull.

I got my friend to "borrow" a copy of Chemistry by Zumdahl (Fourth Edition) from the Chemistry classroom so that I could learn a couple of things about chemistry..
I'm happy to say that the book is pretty awesome; it's very clear, although you have to have a solid knowledge of one chapter before you move onto the next, but that's a must in pretty much all science textbooks. :D

1. What topics does a good introductory chemistry book cover?

A good introductory chemistry book will cover the fundamental principles of chemistry such as atomic structure, chemical bonding, states of matter, chemical reactions, and basic laboratory techniques.

2. Are there any recommended books for self-study in chemistry?

Yes, there are several recommended books for self-study in chemistry, such as "Chemistry: The Central Science" by Brown, LeMay, Bursten, and Murphy, and "Chemistry for Dummies" by John T. Moore.

3. Can a good introductory chemistry book be used for both high school and college students?

Yes, a good introductory chemistry book can be used for both high school and college students. However, the level of depth and complexity may vary depending on the target audience.

4. What makes a good introductory chemistry book stand out?

A good introductory chemistry book should be well-organized, have clear and concise explanations, provide relevant and interesting examples, and have plenty of practice problems for reinforcement.

5. Are there any interactive or digital versions of introductory chemistry books available?

Yes, there are many interactive and digital versions of introductory chemistry books available, such as e-books, online tutorials, and interactive simulations. These can be helpful for visual learners and provide additional resources for practice and review.