Walking through Walls: Can It Be Done?

• Thread starter taylaron
  • Start date
In summary, this high school student believes that there is a way to break through matter using an EM field. They suggest a non-explosive or destructive way to do this.
taylaron
Gold Member
i've got a question regarding matter passing through other matter (eg. walking through walls)

anyways, my idea is, that what if you came up with a device that was able to break the electromagnetic attraction between a group of atoms within a mass, then you were per-say to push through this mass by "stretching" the object around the forign one. using the repelling motion of electromagnetics to push the other matter away, this would significantly weaken the EM attraction between the object's atoms. I've read in other forums that you need a sertain frequency. that equivilant to the object your trying to pass through, but it would take almost an eternity before you reach that frequency. another idea, what if you were to be able to quicly "scan" through different frequencies (the matter is scanning) until you find that sertain one that corrisponds with the matter your trying to pass through. I am a high school student and i know that i should learn at least a significant amount of knowledge on physics before i submit my own "theories" i know its probably impossible and i have a lot to learn still...
what do you think? am i just some crazy kid with crazy ideas that he doesn't know what he is talking about.
I appoligize for my spelling and grammar mistakes.

Physics news on Phys.org
anyways, my idea is, that what if you came up with a device that was able to break the electromagnetic attraction between a group of atoms within a mass

I can already do that. See that door over there? *yanks out shotgun and fires* voila!

taylaron said:
anyways, my idea is, that what if you came up with a device that was able to break the electromagnetic attraction between a group of atoms within a mass

Ok, you do that. Let me know when you don't destroy the matter you're trying to pass through the wall, and the wall, because you have absolutely no way of putting the stuff back together properly

thays not my point

because you have absolutely no way of putting the stuff back together properly

thats not my point. I am saying you stretch the EM attraction around this object. once your past those sertain atoms, they will simply gain more EM streingth because there is nothing pushing them appart further.
im talking about a non explosive or distructive way to do this. not explosives

The point is, once the molecular/atomic bonds are broken, one has a gas, and gases have pressure and low density. One would need a substantial force field to contain a solid which becomes a gas - probably a field generating a local tensile force equivalent to about 500 - 1000 atm.

EM fields can confine plasmas - ionized gases, but neutral atoms pass through magnetic and electric field lines.

thanks.you have "opened my eyes"

1. Can humans really walk through walls?

As of now, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that humans can walk through walls. This idea is often seen in science fiction, but it is not possible with our current understanding of physics and the human body.

2. Is there any research being done on walking through walls?

While there may be some fringe research on this topic, the majority of the scientific community does not consider walking through walls to be a feasible concept. Most scientists focus on more practical and realistic areas of study.

3. Are there any documented cases of people walking through walls?

No, there are no documented cases of people walking through walls. Any claims of this phenomenon are likely either hoaxes or misunderstandings of optical illusions.

4. Could advances in technology make it possible for humans to walk through walls in the future?

It is highly unlikely that technology will ever advance to the point where humans can walk through walls. The laws of physics would need to be fundamentally altered for this to be possible.

5. Is there any danger in attempting to walk through walls?

Yes, attempting to walk through walls can be dangerous. It is not only physically impossible, but also attempting to do so could result in injury or death. It is important to stick to scientifically proven methods of movement and not attempt to defy the laws of physics.