PF Members in/around Portland - Ready to Geek Out & Hang Out?

• Thread starter On Radioactive Waves
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Geek Members
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of finding other members from the forum in or around Portland. The individual mentions moving to Portland and being interested in hanging out with other PF members. The discussion also includes references to Portland, Maine, Portland, Oregon, Portland, Connecticut, Portland, Australia, Portland, Texas, Portland, Michigan, and Portland, Ohio. Additionally, there is mention of home-brewing and the Portland stone quarry in Dorset.
On Radioactive Waves
Its been a while since I've been on here. I moved to the Portland area, and was wondering if there was any more people from this forum in or around Portland? Oh yeah- I'm geeky again now...
I'm just looking to see if any PF members want to hang out some time.

Should I look in another place (e.g. member photo thread)?

P.s. I have homebrew :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Portland, Maine, or Portland, Oregon?

Portland Connecticut maybe?

(Hmm, "homebrew," nope).

This guy is PDX

Chi Meson said:
Portland Connecticut maybe?

(Hmm, "homebrew," nope).

This guy is PDX
Who knows? Home-brewing has taken off in southern Maine. Gotten pretty trendy, what with all the micro-brews in the region.

He obviously means the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Portland" , a peninsula or tied island in Dorset, in the middle of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, from which Portland stone is quarried. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Portland, Australia around the Shire of Glenelg area?

Clearly he meant the East African Portland Cement Company.

1. What is the purpose of the "PF Members in/around Portland - Ready to Geek Out & Hang Out" group?

The purpose of this group is to bring together members of the Portland community who share a passion for geeky interests and provide a space for them to connect, socialize, and geek out together.

2. What kind of events does the group organize?

The group organizes a variety of events, such as board game nights, movie screenings, trivia nights, cosplay meetups, and more. We are always open to suggestions from our members and strive to create a diverse range of events to cater to different interests.

3. Do I need to be a certain age or have a specific level of knowledge to join?

No, the group is open to all ages and levels of knowledge. We welcome anyone who is interested in geeky topics and wants to connect with others who share similar interests. Our events are designed to be inclusive and welcoming to all.

4. How can I get involved with the group?

If you are interested in getting involved with the group, the best way is to join our online community and attend our events. You can also reach out to the group's organizers and offer suggestions for events or volunteer to help with organizing and planning.

5. Is there a membership fee for joining the group?

No, there is no membership fee for joining the group. We believe in creating an inclusive and accessible community for all, and therefore, our events are free to attend. However, some events may require a small fee to cover expenses, such as venue rental or supplies.