Tell me one beneficial mutation example - if there is

In summary, the conversation discussed examples of beneficial mutations, specifically in regards to antibiotic resistance, DDT, and anemia. While some argued that these are valid examples, others rejected them and asked for a different example with evidence. The conversation also touched upon a link provided by one participant, which promotes the idea that God is responsible for all mutations and science is a lie. The conversation ended with the decision to close the thread due to potential spamming.
jasonparker
i always hear the same examples; antibiotics resistance of bacteria, ddt , anemia examples…. These are all invalid. Just please tell me one valid example of beneficial mutation if there is. Also backup your example please. By the way i suggest you to check this before you write http://www.evolutiondeceit.com/

Biology news on Phys.org
Sorry, I didn't check the link before moving this here. It may need to be simply locked.

JasonParker, why do you say the examples you've already been given are invalid?

I was going to work on a good answer for you, but decided to let you first prove your reasons for rejecting other examples since, on a hunch, I did a quick google search on a phrase in your post and found 3 other boards you spammed with the same post.

Yeah, I don't get how those are invalid cases. While mutations for antibiotic resistance are not the primary path towards immunity, this in no way discredits the fact that mutation can lead to immunity. Organisms work towards the best case scenario. If through a mutation a cell gained immunity to an antibiotic, then that cell would be selected over non-immune cells.

EDIT: Ok, I get it. I didn't look at the link before posting, but I think that it says it all. God did it so science is a lie. I apologize for contradicting you.

Last edited:
Integral said:
It may need to be simply locked.

Agree. Looks like another drive-by spamming.

Like Moonbear said, jason must first explain why those other examples are invalid in his opinion.

Ooh.. I don't even know where to begin on that link :uhh: . It has the standard arguments, but it is relatively interesting to think that all of the fundamentalist evangelicals keep thinking that science will prove the bible wrong.

The most suprising thing is the site design. The website itself is clean and professional, but it looks like it might have been snagged from a template.

motai said:
it is relatively interesting to think that all of the fundamentalist evangelicals keep thinking that science will prove the bible wrong.

it is actually a muslim fundamentalist site that defend the coran

This thread is now closed.

What is a beneficial mutation?

A beneficial mutation is a change in an organism's DNA that results in a positive or advantageous trait, such as improved survival, reproduction, or adaptation to its environment.

Can you provide an example of a beneficial mutation?

One example of a beneficial mutation is the lactase persistence mutation in humans. This mutation allows individuals to continue producing the enzyme lactase into adulthood, allowing them to digest dairy products and gain important nutrients from them.

How common are beneficial mutations?

Beneficial mutations are relatively rare, as most mutations are neutral or harmful. However, they do occur and can have significant impacts on the survival and evolution of a species.

Can beneficial mutations be inherited?

Yes, beneficial mutations can be inherited and passed down to offspring. This is how they can spread throughout a population and contribute to the evolution of a species over time.

How do beneficial mutations occur?

Beneficial mutations can occur spontaneously during DNA replication or as a result of environmental factors such as radiation, chemicals, or viruses. They can also be intentionally induced through genetic engineering techniques.