Help with Difficult Physics Homework Problem

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving calculating the net force in a wire with current and resistance, given values for voltage, mass, and magnetic field. The individual is having trouble understanding the question and is seeking assistance.
dimpledur

Homework Statement

Here is the picture:
yessss.jpg

I have an upcoming test, and I cannot seem to get any questions like this one. Help is greatly appreciated.

I calculated the net force, such that Fnet=ma. There exists a magnetic force due to the current in the wire. The mass m is negligible, ie 0kg. Also, assume the only resistence is R1 and E=36V. M=2kg, and B is directed into the page at 0.7T. Also, d=0.8m. Thus,

Fb-Mg=ma
ILB-Mg=ma
(36A)(0.8m)(0.7T)-(2kg)(9.81N/kg)=ma
0.54N=ma

Hence, there is an acceleration to the right.

From here I go absolutely blank. I have spent a lot of hours on these types of questions but I cannot comprehend them. Can someone please give me a hand.

Physics news on Phys.org
What is the actual question? Please include the complete problem statement.

What is the best approach to solving a difficult physics homework problem?

The best approach to solving a difficult physics homework problem is to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Start by identifying the relevant principles and equations that apply to the problem. Then, carefully read the problem and make a list of all the given information and what you are trying to solve for. Use the appropriate equations to solve for each part and check your work as you go.

How can I improve my understanding of difficult physics concepts?

One of the best ways to improve your understanding of difficult physics concepts is to practice solving problems. Work through as many problems as you can, and if you get stuck, seek help from a teacher or tutor. It can also be helpful to supplement your learning with videos, online resources, and interactive simulations to better visualize and understand the concepts.

What resources are available for me to get help with difficult physics homework problems?

You can seek help from your teacher, classmates, or a tutor. Many universities also have tutoring centers or online resources available for students. Additionally, there are numerous online resources such as homework help websites, forums, and study groups that can provide assistance with difficult physics homework problems.

How can I stay motivated when faced with difficult physics homework problems?

Staying motivated can be a challenge when faced with difficult physics homework problems. One way to stay motivated is to remind yourself of the bigger picture and the importance of understanding these concepts for your future career and academic pursuits. It can also be helpful to break up your study sessions into smaller chunks and reward yourself for small accomplishments.

What should I do if I am still struggling with a difficult physics homework problem?

If you are still struggling with a difficult physics homework problem, don't be afraid to ask for help. Reach out to your teacher or classmates, or seek assistance from a tutor or online resources. It's important to not get discouraged and to keep persevering until you fully understand the concept and can successfully solve the problem.