How Do Ford 429 Engine Valve Covers and Heads Compare to Cobra Jet Models?

• Automotive
  • Thread starter average guy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engine
In summary: Ford engines. Additionally, the camshafts were driven from the engine's crankshaft rather than the gearbox, providing a smoother, more linear power delivery.The 427 SOHC was available with a variety of engine options, most of which were designed to increase power and torque without sacrificing fuel economy. These options included a two-barrel carburetor, a four-barrel carburetor, an EGR system, a high-lift cam, and a turbocharger. The engine was also available with a 4.10:1 (1,500 rpms) or 4.30:1 (2,
chris
ok.i thought i put in here that
i found out somewhere else this:

429/460 heads intake valve size is close
to Cobra Jet valve size.

both intake & exhaust ports on 429/460 are big although there was something about
working on exhaust ports.

it may not be tons of info but it is something.

regarding trans i don't think it's a real big deal.

you're acting like I'm taking corn that could be
used to feed starving people around the world
to make bio diesel. ( that's one of my pet peeves. ):smile:

Have A Nice Day!

<h2>1. What is a Ford 429 engine?</h2><p>A Ford 429 engine is a V8 engine produced by Ford Motor Company from 1968 to 1973. It was used in various Ford vehicles, including the Mustang, Torino, and Thunderbird.</p><h2>2. How much horsepower does a Ford 429 engine have?</h2><p>The horsepower of a Ford 429 engine can vary depending on the specific model and year. However, on average, it produces between 360-375 horsepower.</p><h2>3. What is the fuel efficiency of a Ford 429 engine?</h2><p>The fuel efficiency of a Ford 429 engine is not its strong suit, as it was designed for high performance rather than fuel economy. On average, it gets around 10-12 miles per gallon.</p><h2>4. What type of transmission is compatible with a Ford 429 engine?</h2><p>A Ford 429 engine is compatible with a variety of transmissions, including manual and automatic. However, it is most commonly paired with a 3-speed C6 automatic transmission.</p><h2>5. What are common issues with a Ford 429 engine?</h2><p>Some common issues with a Ford 429 engine include overheating, oil leaks, and problems with the carburetor. It is also important to regularly maintain and tune-up the engine to ensure optimal performance.</p>

1. What is a Ford 429 engine?

A Ford 429 engine is a V8 engine produced by Ford Motor Company from 1968 to 1973. It was used in various Ford vehicles, including the Mustang, Torino, and Thunderbird.

2. How much horsepower does a Ford 429 engine have?

The horsepower of a Ford 429 engine can vary depending on the specific model and year. However, on average, it produces between 360-375 horsepower.

3. What is the fuel efficiency of a Ford 429 engine?

The fuel efficiency of a Ford 429 engine is not its strong suit, as it was designed for high performance rather than fuel economy. On average, it gets around 10-12 miles per gallon.

4. What type of transmission is compatible with a Ford 429 engine?

A Ford 429 engine is compatible with a variety of transmissions, including manual and automatic. However, it is most commonly paired with a 3-speed C6 automatic transmission.

5. What are common issues with a Ford 429 engine?

Some common issues with a Ford 429 engine include overheating, oil leaks, and problems with the carburetor. It is also important to regularly maintain and tune-up the engine to ensure optimal performance.