Register to reply

Which volcano has the greatest fire lake?

by Eagle9
Tags: greatest, lake, volcano
Share this thread:
Eagle9
Mar4-14, 01:15 PM
P: 138
Please tell me which active volcano on the Earth has got the largest fire lake (or moving (long) magma) like them below?

And also, which fire lake has got the highest temperature? Briefly, I am looking for the largest and hottest fire lakes/places on the Earth
Phys.Org News Partner Earth sciences news on Phys.org
phinds
Mar4-14, 02:39 PM
PF Gold
P: 6,327
Have you done any research on this? Have you tried Google?
Eagle9
Mar5-14, 10:28 AM
Quote Quote by phinds View Post
Have you done any research on this? Have you tried Google?
Yes, I tried but nothing interesting found

D English
Mar5-14, 12:20 PM
P: 33
Which volcano has the greatest fire lake?

Eagle, you may want to take advice from Yoda: "No try, only do...do or do not." :-)

I googled Lava Lake, the fifth link ought to get you on your way:

Currently, there are only five lava lakes in the world: Erta Ale in Ethiopia, Nyiragongo in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kilauea in Haiwaii, Mount Erebus in Antarctica and Villarrica in Chile.
Astronuc
Mar6-14, 01:09 AM
Admin
P: 21,870
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lava_lake

The wikipedia article mentions "Nyiragongo lava lake has usually been the largest one (and the most voluminous) in recent history -the depth/size of lava lakes can vary considerably with time- . . . "

Tungurahua (Ecuador) may have had a lava lake during a recent eruption. Merapi (Indonesia) also probably had a lava lake.

See also - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lava_flow#Lava_lakes
Eagle9
Mar7-14, 12:02 PM
D English
Astronuc
Thanks guys

Register to reply