Master in Physics: UK Guide for BSc CS Graduate

In summary, a 29-year-old man from India with a BSc in computer science is interested in pursuing a master's degree in physics or engineering in the UK. However, he did not have any physics courses in his undergraduate program. It may be possible for him to do a master's in physics, but he may need to take additional physics courses for a year or more. He is advised to speak to the program director at his university for more details and to check the prerequisites for the specific master's program he is interested in.
Wowsignal
Hi, I am 29 yrs old guy from India just joined this forum. I have completed BSc in computer science last year, I did not have physics in my course though Maths was there. I want to do master in Physics or any engineering field from UK, is it possible? if yes then please suggest me how to proceed.

Physics news on Phys.org
You have a Bsc in Computer Science and had no physics at all? :s

Maybe you'll be able to get a master in physics but you'll probably need to do a year of only physics courses. If you want more details ask the programdirector of the master in physics at your university.

What is the minimum duration of Pre-master physics

You'll have to ask someone of the physics department at your university. In your case my guess would be a year-year and half.

As eXorikos said, look at the prerequisites of the master program you are interested in and talk to the program coordinator. There is no simple catch-all answer.

What is a Master in Physics?

A Master in Physics is an advanced degree program that focuses on the study of matter and energy and how they interact with each other. It involves advanced coursework in subjects such as classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and statistical mechanics.

Is a BSc in Computer Science a suitable background for a Master in Physics?

Yes, a BSc in Computer Science can provide a strong foundation for pursuing a Master in Physics. Computer science and physics are closely related fields, and many concepts and skills from computer science, such as programming and data analysis, are also applicable to physics.

Why should I consider pursuing a Master in Physics in the UK?

The UK is home to some of the world's top universities for physics, such as the University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford. These universities offer high-quality education and research opportunities in a diverse range of physics subfields. Additionally, studying in the UK can provide valuable international experience and exposure to different cultures.

What career opportunities are available for graduates with a Master in Physics in the UK?

A Master in Physics can open up a wide range of career opportunities, including research positions in universities, government agencies, and private companies. Graduates can also pursue careers in fields such as data science, finance, engineering, and education.

How long does it take to complete a Master in Physics in the UK?

The duration of a Master in Physics program in the UK can vary depending on the university and the specific program. On average, it takes one to two years to complete a Master in Physics in the UK.