Wattage delivered using triple integral help

In summary, the conversation discusses an equation for average power, p(t)=(V^2(t))/R, and the attempt to calculate instantaneous power using triple integrals. However, it is pointed out that the correct formula for instantaneous power is actually p(t) = (v(t))^2 / R and the triple integral approach is incorrect. The conversation also mentions the use of Ohm's Law to calculate current, I=V/R, and questions whether the value of R is varying in the equation.
Petyab
Useful equation.

Avg. Power
p(t)=(V^2(t))/R

My attempt at instantaneous power was

p(t,V,R)= ∫(0->1 for t ∫0->5 for V and ∫0->.1 for R V^2(t)/RdvdRdt

Integrating I go the triple integral of V^3t^2/6R^2

Substituting my values in gave a wattage of 1,250 watts/m^2 at t=1 second, v=5 volts, and R=1 ohms

Using Ohms Law V=IR or I=V/R I calculate now as I write this a current of
I=5/.1=50 amps

Is this correct?

Physics news on Phys.org
I do not know where you came up with the triple integral thing...you need to review this concept.

If anything, it should be the integral of V/R.

Is your R really varying? If not, it would simply be the integral of V

By the way, p(t) = (v(t))^2 / R is not average power, it is instantaneous power

The average power would by the integral of the instantaneous power over a period of time divided by that amount of time.

If R was varying would I be right for instantaneous power? The triple integral follows the rules for setting a triple integral in relation to the variable. The values given are set for R being constant though they should be the same in that case.

1. What is wattage delivered?

Wattage delivered is the amount of power that is supplied to a system or device. It is measured in watts and represents the rate at which energy is transferred or used.

2. What is a triple integral?

A triple integral is a mathematical concept that involves integrating a function of three variables over a three-dimensional region. It is used to calculate the volume of a three-dimensional object or the mass of a three-dimensional object with varying density.

3. How is wattage delivered calculated using triple integrals?

Wattage delivered using triple integrals can be calculated by integrating the power density function over a three-dimensional region. The power density function represents the rate at which energy is transferred at each point in the region.

4. What is the importance of calculating wattage delivered using triple integrals?

Calculating wattage delivered using triple integrals is important because it allows us to accurately determine the amount of power supplied to a three-dimensional system or device. This information is crucial for designing and optimizing systems for maximum efficiency.

5. Are there any limitations to using triple integrals for calculating wattage delivered?

Triple integrals may be limited in certain cases where the power density function is not continuous or the three-dimensional region is complex. In these situations, alternative methods such as numerical integration may be used to approximate the wattage delivered.