Register to reply

Can anyone explain this statement related to tesla's work.?

by aditya23456
Tags: explain, statement, tesla, work
Share this thread:
aditya23456
Dec8-12, 08:37 AM
P: 114
"Tesla sent electrostatic forces through natural media across a conductor situated in the changing magnetic flux and transferred electrical energy to a wireless receiver"

Can anyone elaborate this..?Is this employed now..? if no, why..?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
New complex oxides could advance memory devices
Nature's designs inspire research into new light-based technologies
UCI team is first to capture motion of single molecule in real time
CWatters
Dec8-12, 11:01 AM
P: 3,268
I believe that expression comes from the wikipedia article and other web sites about him. I can't find similar on the web before 2001 or using google books. He's become some kind of god in certain parts of the web and it's hard to tell fact from fiction.

If you want to know who invented radio there are several contenders and lots of heated debate.
AlephZero
Dec8-12, 03:36 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 7,292
Quote Quote by CWatters View Post
I can't find similar on the web before 2001
That's because Tesla's invention of the web before 2001 was suppressed by the authorities, along with so much else that he did

phinds
Dec8-12, 04:37 PM
PF Gold
P: 6,510
Can anyone explain this statement related to tesla's work.?

Quote Quote by aditya23456 View Post
"Tesla sent electrostatic forces through natural media across a conductor situated in the changing magnetic flux and transferred electrical energy to a wireless receiver"

Can anyone elaborate this..?Is this employed now..? if no, why..?
Sounds like utter gobbledegook to me.

Probably stems from his having successfully shown that you CAN transfer power to a wireless receiver, it's just grossly inefficient. I have read that he once proposed a grid of his wireless stations throughout the country but that detailed analysis showed that stations had to be no more than about a mile apart and building a grid of 1 mile by 1 mile stations throughout the country, plus the transmitting stations, would have cost approximately the gross national product of the entire planet to buy the land and build everything.

Register to reply