And they wonder why kids are so fat.

• Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Kids
In summary: But I do think that it's important for kids to know that food doesn't have to be this way. In summary, the chocolate bar had 1500 calories. It was 3 feet long, and would have taken about 20 minutes to eat all the calories in it. The slogan on the bar was "it's not a pint, but it's better than socks."
matthyaouw
Gold Member
For Christmas I was given a chocolate bar with 1500 calories.

I kid you not!

1500 calories!

Physics news on Phys.org
... how big was it? If it was like, 3 feet long, shut up and give me a foot :P

That's like a bacon cheese burger with alvacado wrapped up in a chocolate bar. Ewwww...

Pengwuino said:
Same here. :biggrin: I guess you're just supposed to eat a little bit at a time.

Give me the brand name please, I could use that as weight gainer for lifting. I want to buy a few, do they have other flavors?

hmm. 20,920 m^2/s^2 = 2.32E-13 c^2 (energy per unit mass)

cyrusabdollahi said:
Give me the brand name please, I could use that as weight gainer for lifting. I want to buy a few, do they have other flavors?
That's a Yorkie. I don't know if they do them in the US. They might do one with nuts in too.

Pengwuino said:
funniest line I've heard in the last 6 months, not counting the caption thread.

Moonbear said:
:bugeye: It's a 300 g candy bar! :eek:
:rofl: The slogan on it is hysterical..."it's not a pint, but it's better than socks." :rofl: I think I'd stick it in someone's Christmas stocking just for that slogan. :rofl:
Yep, start sharing. :biggrin: :approve:
Uh oh Moonie, you should see their new ad campaign...:bugeye:
yorkie_bar_quot_not_for_girls_quot.jpg

I think the sisterhood has some butt kickin to do.

That Yorkie campaign is not so new. It has been around for a while. I saw this quite a bit when going after that damned Twix clue in Pron.

GB has some great advertising slogans. They seem to be able to get away with more tongue-in-cheek type stuff.

Last edited:
I quite understand the thrill about getting to chew on a fat, juicy bar like that. Enjoy!

Morals: Kids are fat because they're stingy!

Who on the Earth has told you should eat it alone?:grumpy:

Lisa! said:
Morals: Kids are fat because they're stingy!
Who on the Earth has told you should eat it alone?:grumpy:
No, indeed! Sharing is fun..

TheStatutoryApe said:
Uh oh Moonie, you should see their new ad campaign...:bugeye:
yorkie_bar_quot_not_for_girls_quot.jpg

I think the sisterhood has some butt kickin to do.
Oh, no, they're quite right, it's not for girls...or boys...that's far too serious of a candy bar for mere children. It's definitely something only a grown woman could handle. :biggrin:

matthyaouw said:
For Christmas I was given a chocolate bar with 1500 calories.
I kid you not!
1500 calories!

No sweat. Once I watched Dr. Phil right after I just bought 5 of those energy bars. You know the ones that are 300 calories each. The topic was about anorexia. This girl had anorexia and while I was downing those bars, all five of them, it occurred to me from what she was saying, that I had just ate in 20 minutes what she would have eaten in a month. How about those big hershey bars? Gotta' be a 1000 or so. I've chuncked a few of those too.:!)

Edit: Alright, don't want to sound like a pig. I'm a big believer in calories in balanced by effort out (I had just finished exercising before those bars). Simple equation really.

Last edited:

What are the main causes of childhood obesity?

The main causes of childhood obesity include a high-calorie diet, lack of physical activity, genetics, and environmental factors such as access to unhealthy foods and sedentary lifestyles.

How does childhood obesity affect a child's health?

Childhood obesity can lead to a variety of health problems, including high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, joint pain, and psychological issues such as low self-esteem and depression.

What can parents do to prevent childhood obesity?

Parents can help prevent childhood obesity by promoting a healthy and balanced diet, encouraging regular physical activity, limiting screen time, and being good role models for their children.

How does childhood obesity impact society?

Childhood obesity has a significant impact on society, as it can lead to increased healthcare costs, reduced productivity, and a lower quality of life for individuals and communities.

Are there any long-term effects of childhood obesity?

Yes, childhood obesity can have long-term effects on a child's health, including an increased risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, and certain types of cancer later in life.