Have you ever experienced a geek wound on the job?

In summary: No.- In summary, WarrenEvo was working on a project in an open attic when he got injured. He stopped on the way for some supplies and drove back with his coworker. His coworker clumsily cut his hair and then WarrenEvo did it himself. He also used liquid bandages and redid all of the bandages. He's going to need a hat for the next week.
russ_watters said:
Well, unless you are wrestling a bear, it only works with a sense of humor - that's all a geek can do anyway.
:rofl:

I suddenly remembered this fortune Holly wrote for me ages ago!
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=254824&postcount=11

:biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Astronuc said:
But did manage something like that in my kitchen a couple of years ago. My wife opened a cabinet door right above me. Then I promptly stood up and caught the corner of the door - lights out momentarily and stars - and a nice bloody gash. I just put ice on it and let it dry.
I've only ever had stitches once: I was somewhere around 4-6 years old and I stood up under a piano (and the scar is still visible when I shave my head...). So I guess not much changes, huh?

Holly said:
This man is sensitive about his Appearance, having a prominent Scar, but he is quite Handsome.
Scared, but flattered...

Missed these...
Moonbear said:
It's just a preview of what his hairline will look like in a few years anyway. :biggrin:
Ugh. That is exactly what I was thinking while I was shaving it.
You may have to suck it up and look goofy wearing a shower cap for a few days so you don't knock the scab off every time you shower.
If you're lucky, I'll take a picture of myself wearing the dumb-engineer-sized shower-cap/grocery-bag I'll be wearing as a shower cap for the next few days...

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
I've only ever had stitches once: I was somewhere around 4-6 years old and I stood up under a piano (and the scar is still visible when I shave my head...). So I guess not much changes, huh?
Hee...did you even remember you had that scar until you shaved your head today?

russ_watters said:
If you're lucky, I'll take a picture of myself wearing the dumb-engineer-sized shower-cap/grocery-bag I'll be wearing as a shower cap for the next few days...
Ooh, what do we have to do to get those photos? If you post those, we might have to add this thread to the General Discussion Classics!

russ_watters said:
Liar.

The chicks I hung out with tonight were very comforting...
It's not a scar yet, it's an open wound, girls will be all over you with an open wound. :tongue: You might want to keep pulling that scab off.

How are you feeling today?

Evo said:
It's not a scar yet, it's an open wound, girls will be all over you with an open wound. :tongue: You might want to keep pulling that scab off.

How are you feeling today?

As long as it winds up being a flat scar...just a zig-zagging white line, that is okay. If it's all puckered up, then it's not going to be very attractive to anyone. But that's what caps and hats are for. :biggrin:

How's your head feeling today Russ? Is it very sore?

My head is fine. Very small amount of swelling, aching, and oozing, but barely enough to notice. Rough day though - we got a new dumb client who didn't plan ahead and needs a design by Monday, so I'm working the weekend. Today was a 17 hour day...

russ_watters said:
My head is fine. Very small amount of swelling, aching, and oozing, but barely enough to notice. Rough day though - we got a new dumb client who didn't plan ahead and needs a design by Monday, so I'm working the weekend. Today was a 17 hour day...
Glad it's not hurting too much. Not so glad to hear you have to work the weekend due to a client's bad planning. Though, I'll be working all weekend too, so I don't feel too sorry for you there.