Homework Due Soon: Struggling to Get Started?

• Thread starter Jonny_trigonometry
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the speaker is struggling to find motivation to do their homework due by 1:30 today. They are considering taking the easy way out and not doing it, but are reminded that ultimately there are only two options: do it or don't do it. The speaker is encouraged to take a day off and do something enjoyable, but it is pointed out that mongooses are not found in the Amazon rainforest. The speaker ultimately gets their homework done after playing guitar and finding motivation through music.
Jonny_trigonometry
I've got homework due by 1:30 today, but I just don't want to get started on it. What is wrong with me? :confused:

I just want to slack off and sloth around the house even though I'm wide awake and perfectly able to do the homework.

Physics news on Phys.org
well, look at it this way. There are only two options. You do it, or you don t do it. simple.

The easy way out is not to do it. Done.

I've got homework due by 1:30 today, but I just don't want to get started on it. What is wrong with me?
I'm sure you are a marvelous student, telling from some of your posts and your sweeping grace upon physicsforums. Take a day off, why not? Listen to the Eagles, bake yourself a chocolate cake. Go mongoose hunting in the Amazon rainforest.

There are no mongeese in the Amazon rainforest.

Mongooses are found in Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, and southern Europe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongoose

I recommend against shooting these furry animals. Instead, why don't you visit the zoo. You don't even have to leave the continent.

I'm flattered MK. I wouldn't really agree with you, but I will only because it let's me say that it takes one to know one. And that is some good advice too.oh well... I got it done. I just had to play guitar for a while. After a good musical exploration, I tend to have a greater motivation to do things. It's funny how that works sometimes, I'll procrastinate until the last moment, thinking that it's such a chore, but it's never as bad as I lead myself to believe.

1. How do I overcome procrastination and get started on my homework?

To overcome procrastination and get started on your homework, try breaking down your tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. Set a timer for a short amount of time, such as 10 or 15 minutes, and focus on completing one small task during that time. This can help you build momentum and make it easier to continue working on your homework.

2. What are some strategies for staying motivated while doing homework?

One strategy for staying motivated while doing homework is to set specific goals for each study session. This can help you stay focused and give you a sense of accomplishment when you complete a task. Another strategy is to take breaks when needed and reward yourself after completing a certain amount of work.

3. How can I manage my time effectively to complete my homework on time?

To manage your time effectively and complete your homework on time, consider creating a schedule or to-do list for each day. Prioritize your tasks and allocate a specific amount of time for each one. It can also be helpful to eliminate distractions, such as turning off your phone or finding a quiet workspace.

4. What should I do if I am struggling to understand the material for my homework?

If you are struggling to understand the material for your homework, reach out for help. This could include talking to your teacher, joining a study group, or seeking assistance from a tutor. It's important to also review your notes and textbook, and try to break down the material into smaller, more manageable chunks.

5. How can I avoid getting overwhelmed when I have a lot of homework due soon?

To avoid getting overwhelmed when you have a lot of homework due soon, start by prioritizing your tasks and breaking them down into smaller chunks. It can also be helpful to take breaks and practice self-care to avoid burnout. If necessary, consider reaching out to your teacher for an extension or seeking additional support from a tutor or study group.