If I start dressing up my cat, shoot me

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, it is not advisable to dress up cats as it can cause distress and discomfort for the animal. Cats are natural groomers and do not require additional clothing for warmth or protection. Dressing up cats may also restrict their movement and hinder their ability to express themselves through their body language. Therefore, it is important to respect cats' natural behaviors and refrain from dressing them up for our own amusement.
Moonbie just needs to be assimilated. The right cat will come along sooner or later. :biggrin:

Speaking of which ... a friend of mine sent me an interesting tidbit of scientific research in which mice were infected with a certain fluke that impaired an instinctive cat-fearing center of their brains. (I'll try to dig this up if anyone is interested.) There was some speculation that cat-lovers are infected with this same parasite causing us to warm up to felines more readily than those who are not infected.

Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
a friend of mine sent me an interesting tidbit of scientific research in which mice were infected with a certain fluke that impaired an instinctive cat-fearing center of their brains. (I'll try to dig this up if anyone is interested.) There was some speculation that cat-lovers are infected with this same parasite causing us to warm up to felines more readily than those who are not infected.

I think you have made an incredibly important biological discovery here. As everyone knows klingons and tribbles don't get along:

http://homepage.mac.com/m5comp/trekbits/trekpics/tribbles/tribbles_009.jpg
Notice that this Klingon is pretty much indistinguishable from a human.

The klingon spy was discovered in that episode due to the natural emnity between Klingons and tribbles. I feel certain it was in an attempt to innoculate themselves with a tribble-neutral parasite that the Klingons must have done something unfortunate to their DNA and suddenly, without explanation, all ended up looking like this:

240x320.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
I was thinking it should have the caption, "I'm going to knock that smile right off your face the moment they put that camera down."
Actually, the card was imprinted "Muletide Greetings"...:biggrin:

Back