Adding a Shop Feature to Your Forum: Unlock Rewards & More!

• Thread starter BGCD
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, if you have a forum and want to add a shop feature where users can earn money and purchase items such as ranks and posts, it will depend on the forum software and hosting provider you have. Some providers may not allow for customization through FTP or core PHP files, but there are other options available such as switching to a different forum provider like forumer.com.
BGCD
What would I do if I have a forum and I'd like to add a little shop feature, that when you post, you get money, and there'd be different things you could buy, such as ranks, posts, and more?

Technology news on Phys.org
It depends on several things:

1. What forum software do you have?
2. Are you hosting it or via a Forum provider?
3. Do you have FTP access or access to the core PHP files?

Mattara said:
It depends on several things:

1. What forum software do you have?
2. Are you hosting it or via a Forum provider?
3. Do you have FTP access or access to the core PHP files?
...InvisionFree forums. >_>

That forum provider does not give FTP access or access to the HTML Templates. The only way you can customize your forum is via the board wrappers, often only using JavaScript, which might not be the easiest thing for most people.

Neither of those features you want is possible with IF forums. If you want more power over your forum you could always try another forum provider like http://forumer.com . I have had experience with them and I think that they are good and suite most needs when it comes to modifications, skins and graphics etc.

Good luck with your forum :)

1. What is the purpose of adding a shop feature to my forum?

The purpose of adding a shop feature to your forum is to provide an additional incentive for users to participate and engage in your forum. By unlocking rewards and offering a way to spend forum points or virtual currency, users are motivated to contribute and stay active.

2. How do I set up a shop feature on my forum?

Setting up a shop feature on your forum will depend on the platform or forum software you are using. In most cases, there should be a built-in feature or plugin that allows you to create a virtual shop. You will need to set up the items or rewards you want to offer and determine the currency or points system you will use.

3. Can I customize the items in my forum shop?

Yes, you can customize the items in your forum shop to fit the theme or purpose of your forum. You can offer virtual items such as forum badges, custom titles, or even physical items like merchandise. It's up to you to decide what items will appeal to your forum members.

4. Do I need to have a payment system in place for my forum shop?

No, you do not necessarily need to have a payment system in place for your forum shop. You can use a virtual currency or points system that users can earn through forum activities. However, if you want to offer physical items or services that require payment, you will need to set up a payment system.

5. How can I encourage users to spend their forum points or virtual currency in the shop?

One way to encourage users to spend their forum points or virtual currency in the shop is by offering exclusive or limited edition items that can only be purchased with these points. You can also have a leaderboard or ranking system that displays the top users who have spent the most in the shop, creating a sense of competition and motivation for others to spend as well.