Can anyonewe suggest an extended essay project for me in physics

In summary, there are various options for an extended essay project in physics for a grade 11 student, such as modelling a physical pendulum or exploring physical phenomena like rainbows, plasma TVs, hybrid cars, fuel cells, regenerative braking, and LED technology. It is recommended to discuss with a tutor and choose a topic that personally interests the student rather than focusing on a popular topic.
danjroman
Can anyonewe suggest an extended essay project for me in physics. I am a grade 11 student in physics and want to do my thesis on. Any ideas please? Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Quite a nice project which can be tailored to your level of knowlage is the modelling of a physical pendulum. However, I would speak to your tutor and see whay they advise.

The list is endless- what physical phenomena do you find interesting? You could write an essay on rainbows, for example. How plasma tv's work- or Ninetendo Wii controllers. Hybrid cars, fuel cells, regenerative braking, LED's... like I said, the list is endless.

My hunch is that you will find the assignment more interesting by digging down into a topic of interest, rather than trying to write about something 'ripped from today's Nature'.

1. What is an extended essay project in physics?

An extended essay project in physics is an independent research project that allows students to explore a specific topic or question related to physics in depth. It is a requirement for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme and is typically completed during the last two years of high school.

2. How do I choose a topic for my extended essay project in physics?

When choosing a topic for your extended essay project in physics, it is important to select a question or problem that interests you and that you have a good understanding of. It should also be a topic that is feasible to research and has available resources for data collection and analysis.

3. Can anyone suggest a topic for my extended essay project in physics?

While others can offer suggestions, ultimately the topic for your extended essay project in physics should be chosen by you, based on your interests and expertise. You can seek advice and guidance from your physics teacher or other experts in the field, but the final decision should be yours.

4. How long should my extended essay project in physics be?

The extended essay project in physics should be between 3,000 and 4,000 words in length. This word count includes the introduction, main body, conclusion, and any diagrams, tables, or graphs used. It is important to adhere to this word count as it demonstrates your ability to present a concise and focused research project.

5. What are the benefits of completing an extended essay project in physics?

Completing an extended essay project in physics has numerous benefits. It allows you to develop essential research skills, such as formulating a research question, collecting and analyzing data, and presenting your findings. It also provides an opportunity to explore a topic in depth and potentially make a contribution to the field of physics. Additionally, it is a valuable experience for those considering pursuing a career in science or research.