Online calculator help needed for homework

In summary, Daniel mentioned that he had problems with the online grapher because the settings were different, and he recommended the site www.technoplaza.net. He also mentioned that there are some cool equations on there, but no hamburgers.
mathzeroh
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood evening everybody, hows everything??

ok i just had a quick little question, how the heck do you use this kind of online graphing calculator?? its not quite a TI but i need somethin for my homework (havent gotten one of my own right now, well i had one but let's just say i don't have it anymore :cry: :cry: :cry: ). here's the site:

http://www.calculator.com/calcs/GCalc.html

anybody have any clues?

thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I have no idea,maybe someone else can help with a graph.What function do you need to plot...?

Daniel.

http://education.bjbarton.com/Calculator.html

dextercioby said:
I have no idea,maybe someone else can help with a graph.What function do you need to plot...?

Daniel.

math joke:

[tex]y=1-x^2[/tex]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tongue2:

(thanks for your help though! :smile:.)

Last edited:
ninjagowoowoo said:
http://education.bjbarton.com/Calculator.html

hey thanks a lot bro! that did the trick! u know what i was doing before? i put in the whole equation in there, i did this:

(example)

y=1-x^2 <---i wrote the whole thing out like that and pressed "enter"

but i didnt realize that i don't need to put the "y equals" (y=) part on there!

thanks a lot!

you're very welcome. The link I gave you seems to be a much better calculator though. :wink:

ninjagowoowoo said:
you're very welcome. The link I gave you seems to be a much better calculator though. :wink:
oh no,ur absolutely right, i didn't mean that i was going to use that other one, because i do like the one you gave, its much more user-friendly than that one i was using before! thanks a lot, and I'm sorry if i sounded like i didnt appreciate the link u gave me, because i do appreciate it and I'm actually using it right now. :smile: :cool: :smile:

hey, would any of you know where i could find an equation that would let me graph a hamburger, or fries? i heard that someone once graphed that on their calculator, so i was just wondering if such an equation exists (or any equation that would allow a person to "draw" on there).

thanks btw! :smile:

Nah, I wasn't implying that, just throwing out my opinion.

lol they probably just drew it haha... but that would be an awesome function

hey those sound soo cool but i have 2 "disabilities" man, all i see in the "pretty print" is an awesome little square with a red X in the middle and when i tried to graph those on that sweet online grapher, it doesn't at all look like what they described. i think its because the settings are different.

graph of this on the online site :9 * sin(5 * θ)^2 - 2 * cos(θ)^4

Chinese Star? or Mike Tyson in the 7th round? :biggrin: :biggrin: :rofl: (replace the θ with x on the online grapher)..

that was a great site though, thanks a lot, I'm going to try all those once i get a calculator. :smile:

What is an online calculator?

An online calculator is a digital tool that allows users to perform mathematical calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. It can be accessed through a web browser on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.

How can an online calculator help with homework?

An online calculator can help with homework by providing quick and accurate solutions to mathematical equations. It can also show step-by-step solutions and provide a visual representation of the problem, making it easier for students to understand and learn.

Are online calculators reliable?

Most online calculators are reliable, but it is important to use them with caution. Some calculators may have errors or limitations, so it is always a good idea to double-check the results with a different calculator or by solving the problem manually.

Do I need to pay to use an online calculator?

No, there are many free online calculators available that can be used for homework. However, there may be some premium calculators with advanced features that require a subscription or one-time payment.

Can I use an online calculator for all types of math problems?

Online calculators are designed to perform basic mathematical operations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Some calculators may also have advanced functions for trigonometry, statistics, and more. However, they may not be able to solve complex or specialized problems that require a specific formula or method.