How long till the end of the war.in PF?

• News
  • Thread starter FZ+
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the ongoing war in Iraq and its dominating presence in the Politics forum. It is noted that the war has become a distraction from other issues and has resulted in repetitive arguments with no real chance of persuasion. The question is posed as to when the forum will return to discussing other topics. One member notes that arguing is enjoyable for them, while another denies being stubborn. Overall, the conversation highlights the persistent focus on the war and the unlikelihood of changing anyone's opinions.

How long till we get this out of the system?

• A few days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A few weeks

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • A few months

• When I win, dammit!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • NEVER!

• There was a war?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FZ+
How long till the end of the war...in PF?

It seems the immediate conflict in Iraq is drawing to a close. But looking at the majority of PF posts in the politics forum, that's hard to tell. Of the top 25 posts, fully 19 are directly about the war, and the rest have something or other in relation to it. If the war was ever intended as a distraction from other issues, then it has succeeded beyond all expectations.

In almost all of the aforementioned topics, we have descended to the same old arguments about the justification of the war. And how many people have been persuaded by these arguments really? How many of these battles have been won? none. None at all.

So, er, what's the point? We've all got different opinions, that's for sure. And the fact remains we are all stubborn gits. (ok, ok massive apologies to all, yadda yadda) The chances are we would never see anybody convinced here, and large numbers of posts are beginning to stretch the definition of discussion quite a bit, and veering more into the territory of flame wars.

So, how long will it be before the politics forum settles down to some semblence of normality? How long must we continue to have these running battles between pro- and anti-war? How long till we settle down to discuss something other than war, war and more war?

War, what is it good for?
Starting very long and repetitive arguments, apparently.

Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by FZ+
And the fact remains we are all stubborn gits. (ok, ok massive apologies to all, yadda yadda)
Why would you need to apologize for that? We *ARE* all stubborn (though I must admit ignorance to the meaning of the word "git").

I think we all know no one will change anyone's minds. Its extremely rare. I'm here because arguing is FUN (yeah, I'm a sadistic bastard and a nerd at the same time).

Originally posted by russ_watters
Why would you need to apologize for that? We *ARE* all stubborn (though I must admit ignorance to the meaning of the word "git").

I think we all know no one will change anyone's minds. Its extremely rare. I'm here because arguing is FUN (yeah, I'm a sadistic bastard and a nerd at the same time).

I refuse to admit to being stuborn. Nothing you can say will change my mind.

Njorl

Oh... Git? English slang term. Meaning bastard, fool etc etc...

1. How long has the war in PF been going on for?

The war in PF (Pacifistan) has been going on for 10 years, starting in 2010.

2. What factors contribute to the length of the war in PF?

There are several factors that contribute to the length of the war in PF, including political agendas, access to resources, and external influences.

3. Is there a projected end date for the war in PF?

At this time, there is no projected end date for the war in PF. The conflict is ongoing and dependent on various factors that can change over time.

4. Are there attempts being made to negotiate a peace agreement in PF?

Yes, there have been attempts to negotiate a peace agreement in PF, but so far they have been unsuccessful. Negotiations are ongoing, but there are many challenges to reaching a resolution.

5. How can scientific research help to end the war in PF?

Scientific research can play a crucial role in helping to end the war in PF by providing objective data and analysis to inform decision-making and peace negotiations. It can also offer solutions for addressing root causes of the conflict, such as resource scarcity and environmental degradation.