Sensations in body due to emotions

• Medical
  • Thread starter bassplayer142
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Body Emotions
In summary, the conversation discusses the sensation of feeling watched or having one's skin crawl, which is often triggered by listening to music. The individual is curious about the electrical impulses that cause this sensation and wonders if it is related to the speed at which signals are sent through the body. They also consider the role of endorphins and how these feelings can be present in both positive and negative emotional states.
bassplayer142
I know I'm not the only one who really has felt anything like this. If you ever get that feeling that runs through your body that you are being watched or your skin crawls. Being one who listens to a lot of music if I relax I usually get great sensations that go through my body. The music obviously triggers it because I love the music so much, but what exactly is going on here. I would guess it is some kind of electrical impluse sent through the nervous system but why do we get it? I have also noticed when I feel it go through my whole body I can feel it actually moving. I'm guessing that this would be the speed at which the signals are sent through the body or something which I know has been determined but I can't seem to find. I'm basically trying to understand what this sensation is and why it occurs. Maybe the chemicals involved that trigger it, (if any) and anything else about it.

Biology news on Phys.org
At one time our lifes depended on getting those feelings. Endorphins more then likely jump start the feelings.

Do these feeling have any emotional of physical effects. I noticed that they can be there when bad feelings are present and also when good feelings are.

What are sensations in the body due to emotions?

Sensations in the body due to emotions refer to the physical changes that occur in the body as a result of experiencing different emotions. These sensations can include changes in heart rate, breathing, muscle tension, and other bodily reactions.

Why do we experience physical sensations when we have emotions?

Our body's physical responses to emotions are a result of the biological and physiological changes that occur in response to emotional stimuli. These responses are controlled by the autonomic nervous system and are essential for our survival and adaptation to different situations.

Can emotions cause physical symptoms?

Yes, emotions can cause physical symptoms. For example, feeling anxious or stressed can lead to increased heart rate, muscle tension, and sweating. Similarly, feeling sad or depressed can cause a decrease in energy and motivation.

What is the relationship between emotions and bodily sensations?

Emotions and bodily sensations are closely linked and can influence each other. Our emotions can trigger physical sensations, and these sensations can also impact our emotional state. For example, feeling stressed can lead to muscle tension, which can then intensify the feeling of stress.

How can we manage physical sensations caused by emotions?

There are various techniques that can help manage physical sensations caused by emotions. These include deep breathing, mindfulness meditation, physical exercise, and seeking support from others. It is also essential to identify and address the underlying emotions that may be causing these sensations.