Most Recent Guide to making Solar cells?

In summary, the most recent guide on making a very powerful Solar Cell is available online. It is recommended for those interested in learning more about this kind of technology and wanting to make more devices to cut down their electric bill.
C&L
Hello my friends, first I want to thank all of those who take their time to helping people like us.

I have a question and is what is the most recent guide on making a very powerful Solar Cell, I am very interested in it, and the reason why I want to know this is for making more devices to cut down my electric bill, and in the way learn more about this kind of technology, I will have to Thank you for your help, any guide will help, i just want to learn how to make a really powerful one, and Thank You again.

PS: This has been the best online communities that I have ever seen, Thank You.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry i didnt know where to post this :S

We can ask to have it moved.

C&L said:
Hello my friends, first I want to thank all of those who take their time to helping people like us.

I have a question and is what is the most recent guide on making a very powerful Solar Cell, I am very interested in it, and the reason why I want to know this is for making more devices to cut down my electric bill, and in the way learn more about this kind of technology, I will have to Thank you for your help, any guide will help, i just want to learn how to make a really powerful one, and Thank You again.

PS: This has been the best online communities that I have ever seen, Thank You.

Moved to EE for now.

Welcome to the PF. What resources have you used so far to learn about solar cells? And when you ask about making them yourself, do you mean that you want to set up a semiconductor fabrication line? Or do you want to purchase solar cells and make the electronic devices to best convert that DC output power into AC Mains power?

1. How do solar cells work?

Solar cells work by converting sunlight into electricity through a process known as the photovoltaic effect. The cells are made up of layers of silicon, with one layer having a positive charge and the other having a negative charge. When sunlight hits the cell, it knocks electrons loose and creates an electric field, which allows the electrons to flow and create electricity.

2. What materials are needed to make a solar cell?

The most common material used in solar cells is silicon, which is a semiconductor. Other materials that can be used include cadmium telluride, copper indium gallium selenide, and perovskite. These materials are chosen for their ability to absorb sunlight and convert it into electricity.

3. Can I make my own solar cell at home?

It is possible to make a simple solar cell at home using readily available materials such as copper oxide, titanium dioxide, and salt water. However, these homemade cells are not as efficient as commercially produced ones, and it is not recommended to rely on them as a primary source of electricity.

4. How efficient are solar cells?

The efficiency of solar cells varies depending on the type and quality of the cell. Currently, the most efficient cells have an efficiency of around 23-25%, meaning they can convert about a quarter of the sunlight that hits them into electricity. However, the average efficiency for commercial solar cells is around 15-20%.

5. How long do solar cells last?

The lifespan of a solar cell depends on several factors such as the type of cell, the quality of materials, and the environment it is exposed to. On average, most solar cells have a lifespan of 25-30 years. However, with proper maintenance and care, they can last even longer.