A New Global Theory of the Earth's Dynamics

In summary, this paper proposes a model where a single cause can explain all geophysical and geological phenomena. The source of the Earth's activity lies in the difference of the angular velocities of the mantle and of the solid inner core. The friction between both spheres infers heat, which is the cause of the melted iron which constitutes most of the liquid outer core, as well as the source of the global heat flow. The solid inner core angular velocity is supposed to remain steady, while the mantle angular velocity depends on gyroscopic forces (involving acceleration) and slowing down due to external attractions and, principally the motions of mantle plates 2900 km thick...cont
Andre
Crackpot or exiciting paradigm shift coming up?

http://arxiv.org/ftp/physics/papers/0502/0502135.pdf

this paper proposes a model where a single cause can explain all geophysical and geological phenomena. The source of the Earth's activity lies in the difference of the angular velocities of the mantle and of the solid inner core. The friction between both spheres infers heat, which is the cause of the melted iron which constitutes most of the liquid outer core, as well as the source of the global heat flow. The solid inner core angular velocity is supposed to remain steady, while the mantle angular velocity depends on gyroscopic forces (involving acceleration) and slowing down due to external attractions and, principally the motions of mantle plates 2900 km thick...cont

This guy has probably read my https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=2974 but there is much more.

Discussion?

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
The more of the Earths water, that enters the liquid state, the harder it is to turn this baby, and the Earth changes shape, making it larger at the equator, that is also a factor in this friction.

Andre said:
Crackpot (snip)
Discussion?

His list of problems with tectonic theory pretty well sums him up --- Graham Hanquackian creator of "great mysteries."

Don't waste your time.

I agree, plenty of errors, but nevertheless, a resourceful young man.

So perhaps the man's ideas are flawed, but he does make me wonder- precisely what effect does geothermal heat have on atmospheric heat? I have visited caves only tens of metres below ground and they are kept at a constant 7 degrees celcius all year round. Have any studies been done into the effects of geothermal heat on the atmosphere?

matthyaouw said:
So perhaps the man's ideas are flawed, but he does make me wonder- precisely what effect does geothermal heat have on atmospheric heat? I have visited caves only tens of metres below ground and they are kept at a constant 7 degrees celcius all year round. Have any studies been done into the effects of geothermal heat on the atmosphere?

Geothermal heat is probably more important for heating water, particularly in the vicinity of Antarctica where it could contribute to melting of ice shelves. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/05/040527235943.htm

Your reference says nothing about the potential impact of geothermal heat on the ice sheet. It would be highly speculative to suggest that a hand full of volcanoes could have anything more than a tiny effect on the Antarctic ice cap from the information given in the article.

matthyaouw said:
Your reference says nothing about the potential impact of geothermal heat on the ice sheet. It would be highly speculative to suggest that a hand full of volcanoes could have anything more than a tiny effect on the Antarctic ice cap from the information given in the article.
I probably should have reread the article when I posted the link to remind me of what it said.

The ice shelves extend from the continent over the water. Normally they would be resting on water with a temperature just below freezing unless a current brought warmer water in. Any type of underwater volcanic activity could warm the water. If that warmed water reached the underside of the ice shelf, it would melt the ice touching the water creating a gap. The air space could allow some evaporation which could then melt additional ice. The ice shelf would then only be attached to the ice on land. Eventually the weight would cause the shelf to break off.

Anyone notice the error in the above post. I meant to type "above" for the temperature below the ice, but somehow I ended up typing "below" instead. Obviously the liquid water below the ice would be above freezing, at least for salt water.

I waited too long to edit the post.

This discussion http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=19590&posts=13 could have had the same thread title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andre said:
This discussion http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=19590&posts=13 could have had the same thread title.

Interesting charts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I guess so. I regret that I can't run the narrative here :frown: Two reasons, without img feature it's undoable and with the local crackpot intolerance, I'd risk a move to "theory devellopment" a misnomer for "crackpots corner".

1. What is the "New Global Theory of the Earth's Dynamics?"

The New Global Theory of the Earth's Dynamics is a scientific theory that seeks to explain the processes and mechanisms that drive the movement and evolution of the Earth's surface, such as plate tectonics, volcanism, and mountain building.

2. How does this theory differ from previous theories of the Earth's dynamics?

This theory differs from previous theories in that it takes a more holistic approach, considering the Earth as a dynamic system rather than examining individual processes in isolation. It also incorporates new data and technology, such as satellite imaging and computer modeling, to provide a more comprehensive understanding of the Earth's dynamics.

3. What evidence supports this theory?

There is a wealth of evidence supporting this theory, including geological, geophysical, and geochemical data. For example, the patterns of earthquake and volcanic activity, as well as the distribution of mountains and ocean basins, can be explained by this theory. Additionally, studies of the Earth's magnetic field and the composition of rocks provide further support.

4. How does this theory impact our understanding of the Earth's past and future?

This theory has greatly enhanced our understanding of the Earth's past and future. By studying the Earth's dynamics, we can better understand the processes that have shaped our planet over billions of years, and make predictions about future changes. This information can also help us mitigate the impact of natural hazards, such as earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

5. What are the potential applications of this theory?

The applications of this theory are vast and varied. It can help us locate and extract natural resources, such as oil and minerals, by providing a better understanding of the Earth's structure and composition. It can also inform urban planning and infrastructure development, as well as provide insights into climate change and environmental issues. Additionally, this theory has the potential to inspire new technologies and innovations in the field of geoscience.