Chrome v 33.0.1750.154m Issues on Windows 7 64 bit

• Thread starter LCKurtz
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed issues with the latest version of Chrome on PF, such as not using the full width of the browser, jumbled badges, and a covered search box. The individual had no problems with other browsers on their Windows 7 laptop and suspected it was an incompatibility issue. They suggested clearing the cache, which did not solve the problem, but increasing the font size fixed it. Another individual mentioned having similar issues and suggested checking the zoom, which may have been reduced.
LCKurtz
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
I just installed the latest version of Chrome v 33.0.1750.154m. Several things don't seem to work correctly on PF. It doesn't use the full width of the browser, the badges are jumbled together, the search box at the top covers part of the Notifications line. There are other symptoms.

I'm using windows 7 64 bit on a laptop and have had no similar problems with firefox or IE. Any ideas??

Physics news on Phys.org
I use Chrome all the time on both the Chrome OS and Ubuntu Linux and have no problem. I suspect you are seeing an incompatibility between Windows 7 and the Chrome browser.

But I don't have the problem at other sites than PF.

Just did that. No difference.

Just now, after I cleared the cache, increased the size of the fonts (ctrl +) several times and that fixed it.

I had similar issues recently and somehow my "zoom" had been reduced, so I switched it back to 100% and the margins, the small font, all gone.

1. What are the common issues with Chrome v 33.0.1750.154m on Windows 7 64 bit?

The most common issues reported with this version of Chrome on Windows 7 64 bit include frequent crashes, slow performance, and compatibility issues with certain websites or extensions.

2. How can I fix frequent crashes in Chrome v 33.0.1750.154m on Windows 7 64 bit?

To fix frequent crashes, try clearing your browsing history and cache, disabling extensions, or resetting Chrome to its default settings. You can also try updating to the latest version of Chrome or reinstalling it.

3. Why is Chrome v 33.0.1750.154m running slowly on my Windows 7 64 bit computer?

Slow performance in Chrome can be caused by a variety of factors including a large number of open tabs, outdated hardware or software, or conflicting programs. Try closing unnecessary tabs, updating your computer's software, and running a virus scan to improve performance.

4. How can I resolve compatibility issues with websites or extensions on Chrome v 33.0.1750.154m on Windows 7 64 bit?

If certain websites or extensions are not working properly on Chrome, try updating to the latest version of Chrome and clearing your browsing data. You can also try disabling conflicting extensions or using a different web browser.

5. Can I downgrade to a previous version of Chrome if I am experiencing issues with v 33.0.1750.154m on Windows 7 64 bit?

While it is not recommended, you can downgrade to a previous version of Chrome by uninstalling the current version and downloading an older version from a trusted source. Keep in mind that using an older version may leave your computer vulnerable to security risks.